Ozzy

"Aloke Prasad" > wrote in news:6XxIe.45373
:

> Every tea consumed in India is served with milk and sugar (lots of it :-)
> It's mostly Assam or Darjeeling black teas.

Indian chai, with milk, spice and Jaggery sugar -- yes indeed!

Chinese black tea can be served with milk (see
<http://int.kateigaho.com/spr05/tea-chinese-black.html> -- though I imagine
most dairy-eschewing Chinese don't do that -- still, the British
transplanted tea from China to Darjeeling & Assam in the first place, and
maybe they got the serving idea from China too.

The Tibetans drink black brick tea with butter, milk, and salt -- not bad,
actually, no matter how it sounds.

I don't know of any non-black Chinese tea traditionally served that way, but
then "I am only an egg" in the department of traditional Chinese teas.

Ozzy