Kelly

"Ken Knecht" wrote> i

> After several years I am getting tired of the recipes in my Regal bread
> machine recipe book and Donna German's first volume that looked tempting.
> Do any of you have tried-and-true recipes you'd like to share?
>
> I make mostly pretty standard loaves - whole wheat, white, and I
> especially like rye and garlic. I've not adventuresome enough to have
> tried any of the exotic stuff with cheese, fruit, vegetables, etc. Should
> I?

I have a bread machine that makes small loaves. It is a West Bend Just for
Dinner breadmaker. I can't find the recipe book at the moment but a favorite
one is black pepper bread. I add much more black pepper than the recipes
suggests. It always goes over well.

The only bread with fruit I have made is cinnamon raisin. It is wonderful.
Cheese breads are easy. I do mostly cheddar or asiago cheese. My only
failure was a cheese bread, it was my fault. I forgot to add the yeast..
oops.

My machine is quick too. It takes about 45 mins to make one loaf (about 6
slices). It needs some time to cool off in between loaves, but if needed I
can turn out a loaf an hour. I was able to bring fresh homemade bread in a
variety of flavors for Christmas dinner last year.

Kelly