Ken Knecht

Default Favorite bread machine recipes?

Hi

After several years I am getting tired of the recipes in my Regal bread
machine recipe book and Donna German's first volume that looked tempting.
Do any of you have tried-and-true recipes you'd like to share?

I make mostly pretty standard loaves - whole wheat, white, and I
especially like rye and garlic. I've not adventuresome enough to have
tried any of the exotic stuff with cheese, fruit, vegetables, etc. Should
I?

TIA

Ken

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't
permanent." Jean Kerr
Kelly

"Ken Knecht" wrote> i

> After several years I am getting tired of the recipes in my Regal bread
> machine recipe book and Donna German's first volume that looked tempting.
> Do any of you have tried-and-true recipes you'd like to share?
>
> I make mostly pretty standard loaves - whole wheat, white, and I
> especially like rye and garlic. I've not adventuresome enough to have
> tried any of the exotic stuff with cheese, fruit, vegetables, etc. Should
> I?

I have a bread machine that makes small loaves. It is a West Bend Just for
Dinner breadmaker. I can't find the recipe book at the moment but a favorite
one is black pepper bread. I add much more black pepper than the recipes
suggests. It always goes over well.

The only bread with fruit I have made is cinnamon raisin. It is wonderful.
Cheese breads are easy. I do mostly cheddar or asiago cheese. My only
failure was a cheese bread, it was my fault. I forgot to add the yeast..
oops.

My machine is quick too. It takes about 45 mins to make one loaf (about 6
slices). It needs some time to cool off in between loaves, but if needed I
can turn out a loaf an hour. I was able to bring fresh homemade bread in a
variety of flavors for Christmas dinner last year.

Kelly

Woofs

>Do any of you have tried-and-true recipes you'd like to share?

My DH loves this bread. So do I.

Yummy Bread

1 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup dry cake mix (butter or yellow cake mix)
3 tbsp dried milk
1 tbsp oil or butter
7/8 cup water

Use the light setting.
Makes a one pound loaf.

Woofs
Take out the dog to reply

Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Dimitri

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> After several years I am getting tired of the recipes in my Regal bread
> machine recipe book and Donna German's first volume that looked tempting.
> Do any of you have tried-and-true recipes you'd like to share?
>
> I make mostly pretty standard loaves - whole wheat, white, and I
> especially like rye and garlic. I've not adventuresome enough to have
> tried any of the exotic stuff with cheese, fruit, vegetables, etc. Should
> I?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

1. Go here and get the Starter.
2. Ferment the culture.
3. Make the following bread.

Dimitri

http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/OTbrochure.doc

BREAD MACHINES - BASIC RECIPE from The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna Rathmell
German - Nitty Gritty Cookbooks

1 1/2 t yeast
2 c Bread Flour
2 t Salt
1 1/3 T Sugar
1 1/4 T Oil
6 T Milk (mixed from dry or canned)
3/4 C Starter

Medium setting
If it does not rise as well as other bread remove it from machine after mixing,
put in greased pan to rise to double, (l to 1 1/2 hours) shape and bake in pan
at 400 for 30 to 45 min.

My bread machine says to add the wet ingredients first, and then the dry
ingredients (protecting the yeast from the wet stuff), then the butter in four
pieces in each corner, with the yeast in a well in the middle. I baked it on
Basic, Medium crust.