Rhonda Anderson

Default Vegemite

"lea b" > wrote in
:

> Mark Shaw wrote:
>> What *is* this stuff? How does one eat it?

> I just had it for breakfast on lightly toasted soy&linseed. Lots of
> butter, with a tinge of the veg'. Perfect.
>
> www.vegemite.com.au

I like my Vegemite unadulterated. No butter or margarine! I like it on
toast, on an English muffin or on a crumpet for breakfast. Vegemite
sandwiches and Vegemite and lettuce sandwiches were a staple for lunch
during my schoolyears (and earlier - apparently when I was a toddler I
went for quite a long period refusing to eat anything other than Vegemite
sandwiches and custard <g>, or so my mum used to tell me). Many people
like Vegemite and cheese sandwiches, but I've always preferred Vegemite
and lettuce.

I've also been known to eat Vegemite spread on Weetbix
(http://www.weetbix.com.au/) as a snack.

One use that I haven't yet tried, but I read here in a previous
discussion on Vegemite was to spread it on toast and top with a poached
egg.

Rhonda Anderson - a happy little Vegemite
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia