bacca

ha scritto:

> Thanks for the recomendations. I will give Mazzi a try. Can I ask what
> your fellings are about Pasqu as a producer? I had never heard of them
> until I tried thier 95 amarone in a resteraunt at a waiters suggestion.
> Definitely one of the top 3 wines I've ever had. I'm just wondering why
> I had never heard of them before. Even now I don't hear thier name
> mentioned much.
>
> Alan

Pasqua is one of the 20 leading Italian wine producers, with nearly 20
million bottles produced/year. I actually don't remember having tried
any of its wines. However, in Italy you can find very easily its
products in super/hypermarkets (not amarone, obviously) and he
generates large volumes of mid-priced basic bottles (Valpolicella,
Soave). I know he has some product lines "cru", and surely the quality
this production is good, but as far as I know he is not standing out
for the quality of his amarone.
I think that you don't hear Pasqua name in the newsgroup because it is
a bit considered a "large volumes ~ mid-price ~ mid-quality" kind of
proposition.

ciao

bacca