sf

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:53:50 -0700, Nexis wrote:

> I am currently having a joyful time with a bout of strep throat. My sister
> in law came by today to bring me some soup and we were talking about what
> feels good on a sore throat. For me, cold seems to make it worse. For her,
> cold is just what she needs. So I'm wondering...what do you all prefer when
> your throat's hurting...hot or cold?

Thank goodness I've never had to deal with a strep throat.
Occasionally, a virus settles in my throat but the last time was so
long ago, I don't remember what I did.

Usually, hot does it for me - probably because the hurt is from mucus
dripping from my sinuses. In fact, it happened a few days ago, so I
made myself a cup of hot chocolate (nothing fancy, just the add hot
water to a mix). When I have a prolonged sore throat, I crave those
hard lemon drops. The problem is that the last time I bought them,
they were so sweet I couldn't taste the lemon.