Robin Somes

In message >, Jambo
> writes
>I'd like some opinions, pros and cons for both, if you have any you'd
>like to share.. thanx all!

Pros: simple logistics, from my point of view. I make about 25 gallons
of wine in a season; work and home life mean I simply wouldn't have time
to bottle them all promptly, even if I wanted to, nor do I want to
collect and wash all those bottles at once...

As it is, I can collect wine bottles from my friends, wash 2 or 3 a
night with the regular washing-up, plug them with a roll of kitchen
towel, and store them till I feel like bottling. That way, it doesn't
become a chore. Once in a while through the winter, I do some racking,
if I can be bothered. Then I start bottling about March, and use up as
many bottles as I've got clean. Drink a few bottles and re-wash them,
collect more from my chums, and do another couple of demi-johns. In a
couple of weeks time, I'll bottle the last of the damson that I made
last August, and it'll be time to start all over again.

Cons, I really can't think of any.

Works for me...

cheers,
robin