TammyM

"Nexis" > wrote in message
news:uYHFe.21868$HV1.840@fed1read07...
> I am currently having a joyful time with a bout of strep throat. My sister
> in law came by today to bring me some soup and we were talking about what
> feels good on a sore throat. For me, cold seems to make it worse. For her,
> cold is just what she needs. So I'm wondering...what do you all prefer

when
> your throat's hurting...hot or cold?

Hot herbal tea with honey. And sometimes a drop (or two or three or ...) of
booze if sleep is an issue -- brandy for me.

When I was a kid, mom and dad made a concoction of whiskey, lemon and honey
for us when we were ill with colds. I think it was more to knock us out
than for its therapeutic properties, but hey, it did the trick
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz And tasted better than Nyquil too.

TammyM