hob

"Nexis" > wrote in message
news:uYHFe.21868$HV1.840@fed1read07...
> I am currently having a joyful time with a bout of strep throat. My sister
> in law came by today to bring me some soup and we were talking about what
> feels good on a sore throat. For me, cold seems to make it worse. For her,
> cold is just what she needs. So I'm wondering...what do you all prefer

when
> your throat's hurting...hot or cold?

I'm afraid I lean to the pop-technical in sore-throat-drinks -
honey, since it sucks the water out of bacteria, and
hot drinks over 100 degrees F, since many of the viri that cause throat
problems supposedly can't live/thrive at that temperature.

Although, if I feel cranky enough and have run out of patience, I go for the
mug, put in a couple tbs of frozen lemonade, fill the cup half up with cheap
whisky, and fill it the rest of the way with boiling water.
If the first mugful doesn't fix it, the second one will.

BTW - I assume you went to the doc with the strep and got something to knock
it down quick - strep often turns and if left untreated, it affects the
heart.