Jens Richter

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:19:43 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

[Vollkornbrot]
> Actually, you are wrong. This recipe is from my x german sister in law in
> Wuppertal, Germany. I have made it many times and it is exactly like the
> Vollkornbrot you can buy here or in a can made in Germany.

Mhm, yes, it's possible but to take yeast/sourdough instead of baking soda
is more common. However, problem is the "molasses". For a German
Vollkornbrot ("Schwarzbrot") you need "Zuckerrübensaft" (brand:
Grafschafter e.g). It's a sort of molasse but it tastes absolutely
different to e.g. cane molasse/crude blackstrap molasse. In UK there is
only one (German) bakery in London where "Zuckerrübensaft" is available
but p&p is £9.90!

cheers
Jens