Loki

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:56:13 -0500, "Cow Whisperer"
> wrote:

>Loki, a friend of mine preps the figs, adds the sugar and then lets them set
>for 24 hours in the frig. Her preserves are really good. If you are going
>to chop them, the less ripe ones will be distributed within the riper ones
>and won't make any difference. The less ripe ones will stay more whole.

I'm doing the fig preserves from the Ball Blue Book. It calls for
keeping them whole.

It does have a fig jam recipe but I didn't have enough figs to do a
whole recipe of that. Maybe in a day or two I will and I'll give it a
try then. That one calls for chopping them up but needs 5 lbs for a
whole recipe...

Loki