George Shirley

limey wrote:
> "George Shirley" wrote in message
>
>>Went to Sam's Club yesterday and there was the stand mixer we had been
>>discussing so I bought the thing. Package was sealed, everything looked
>>okay so I unpacked it and! No manual, no warranty registration, no
>>paperwork of any kind. So, it's back to Sam's Club with my receipt today
>>to see if they offer me up the paperwork that is supposed to come with the
>>machine.
>>
>>Should have known better than to take the one on top of the pile. <VBG>
>>
>>Pleased with the machine but not with Sam's Club. Oh yeah, $179.xx plus
>>local sales tax. A lot less than KitchenAid or DeLonghi but appears, by
>>weight, finish, and sounds it makes, to be of equal quality. I will report
>>back after a couple of months.
>>
>>George

> Hi, George. I was the OP who first mentioned this mixer, having seen it in
> Sam's Club. If I didn't have my KitchenAid I would probably have bought
> it, so I'll be interested in your follow-up report. The 700w impressed me.
> You did the right thing about reporting missing documentation.
>
> Dora

So far I've made a cake from scratch with the thing and a batch of bread
dough (4 loaves of French bread). Worked like a charm. I have a slight
learning curve on it as I have used an Oster Kitchen Center since 1981.
It still works, well, parts of it, so the wife will take it to her
classroom to mix papier mache for her art students. Old machines live
forever in our family.

I have the stainless one so it's fairly easy to clean and the splatter
shield really helps. Was mixing the cake dough at highest speed and it
didn't even get the spatter shield dirty. Guess the oscillation of the
paddle does the job. I like not having to scrape down the sides of the
bowl too.

George