Mark Shaw

Sheldon > wrote:
> Mark Shaw wrote:

> > > The water filtration choice is a no-brainer: RO (Reverse Osmosis)... if
> > > you have a basement install it there... much easier to install and
> > > service than cramped under the sink,, makes running a line to the
> > > fridge a smap, and who needs yet another thing under the sink that can
> > > leak when you're not looking, and cause damage.

> > No basement. No room at all, really - if I put a system in
> > it's going to be an under-the-sink model.

> Sure, but it's far more important to choose *what* than the *where*,
> and what often dictates where. You also need to consider where to run
> the supply to your fridge, often not so simple from the sink. Under
> the kitchen sink is the last place I'd choose, with no basement I'd
> choose an adjacent room space; inside a utility room, a closet, a
> laundry room, anywhere but under the kitchen sink.

The only thing adjacent is the outside, unfortunately. To put
it in the laundry room or the water-heater closet would require
running a line through the wall and back.

I placed an order for a filtration system yesterday, and it's
going under the sink. Not the best place perhaps, but in my
case it's the only place.

--
Mark Shaw
"Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of mnshaw@