Kathi Jones

Default pectin haze?

Ok, so I've been filtering and filtering my crabapple juice (frozen from
last year) trying to get it clear before making it in to jelly. Then it
dawned on me that maybe this is pectin haze, that I learned about in my
dabble in fruit wine making. So I know I can get rid of it when I make
wine, but does anyone think that I can ever get this juice clear-er for
jelly? I'm not entering any fairs or anything, but it would be so beautiful
if I could make a clear pink jelly out of this.

Oh, and since it is so high in pectin, can someone remind me - what is the
ratio of juice and sugar for making crabapple jelly without added pectin?

thanks a bunch,

Kathi