Edwin Pawlowski

> Tom Royer wrote:
>> We have a Weber Genesis Gold gas grill (purchased new at
>> an auction in support of our church). The first time I used it,
>> it was difficult to light, but eventually started and worked fine.
>> The second time I used it (a couple of days later) it was
>> easy to light. The next time, it wouldn't light at all. When it
>> wouldn't light using the auto start feature, I tried to light
>> it manually and that was a no-go, too. It appears that no
>> gas is flowing from the tank to the burners. This same thing
>> happened last night.

Two possibilities but you narrowed it down to gas. The tank has an OPD.
(overfill protection device) that tends to cause problem when the gas is
turned on too fast on a full tank. It blocks the flow. Shut everything
off, wait a few seconds, then slowly open the gas valve again. Some grills
warn of this in the manual. Once the liquid level in the tank goes down a
bit this won't happen again as the float level will be down a bit. .
Others have reported having to bang on the tank to get the OPD to release
but that is rare.

If you don't have one already, get a spare tank so you don't run out in the
middle of cooking dinner.

If the air is very humid, the sparkers on some grills just don't work as
well and the lack of good arc fails to ignite the gas.