Edwin Pawlowski

"Wayne Boatwright"

> Ed, I like that idea, but it never occurred to me. What type and size is
> the
> system you installed?
>
> TIA

I have a WaterPik InstaPure filter housing. Actually, two of them. I have
one on the main line that filters rust from the town water as it travels
through 100 year old pipes on the way to my house. Then I branch off to
the kitchen and put the same type of housing but use an IR-10A carbon filter
for taste and sediment. Just changed it about 15 minutes ago as I was
reminded that it is due while reading this thread.

Other brands will work as well, but the IF-10 cartridges work best for me as
they last longer than other brands. They are about $11 each and I use 3 or
4 a year. I also recommend you get a housing with clear filter holder.
Looking at the rust is a reminder of when it should be changed.