Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark Shaw" > wrote in message

> Personally, I don't think the disposal makes that much of a
> difference. Since we compost, we don't use it that much any-
> way.

Not a necessity but we do use ours at times. If nothing else, it is hand
instead of clearing peelings or small dropings from a sink stariner. I
guess it depends on how much the $200 cost is in relationship the the entire
kitchen remodel and convenience compared to sink ceaning.

> different. We don't have room for a whole-house system, though,
> so obviously we're looking at the under-sink ones; probably one
> of the type that filter both drinking water to a little spigot
> on the sink as well as the supply to the icemaker in the fridge.
>
> Any advice or suggestions in these two areas? Thanks!

Think outside the kitchen. Where does the cold water line enter the
kitchen? In my case, it is in the utility room below the kitchen and one of
the baths. It was very easy to mount a whole house type housing in the
ceiling and it filters the cold water and refrigerator water. I've see some
in a laundry room next to the kitchen also. It is just easier than trying
to change a filter under a cramped sink. All our cold water is filtered in
the kitchen, not just a little tap for drinking water.