Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 17 Jul 2005 07:04:44a, Mark Shaw wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> As noted in another thread, I'm in the middle of an extensive
> kitchen remodelling project. Actually, it's more of a tear-
> everything-down-to-the-bare-walls-and rebuild project....
>
> Anyway, I'm down to two decisions: the purchase of a garbage
> disposal and a water-filtration system.
>
> Personally, I don't think the disposal makes that much of a
> difference. Since we compost, we don't use it that much any-
> way. But for all I know perhaps there's one out there that's
> a gotta-have item for the remodeller....
>
> For years I've used one of those Pur filters that screws onto
> the faucet, and have been happy with it. The new faucet won't
> take it, though, and at any rate we're ready for something
> different. We don't have room for a whole-house system, though,
> so obviously we're looking at the under-sink ones; probably one
> of the type that filter both drinking water to a little spigot
> on the sink as well as the supply to the icemaker in the fridge.
>
> Any advice or suggestions in these two areas? Thanks!

As far as a garbage disposal, I would go with In-Sink-Erator. You won't be
sorry.

Sears has a variety of undersink water filtration units which consist of
one or several cartridge filters (depending on what you want to filter).
They are economical and only require cartrige replacement about once a
year. They do, however, require a separate small faucet mounted on the
sink, similar to those used for "instant" hot water.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-6, 07/16/2005
Tested on: 7/17/2005 7:16:34 AM