Mark Shaw

Default Garbage disposal & water filtration

As noted in another thread, I'm in the middle of an extensive
kitchen remodelling project. Actually, it's more of a tear-
everything-down-to-the-bare-walls-and rebuild project....

Anyway, I'm down to two decisions: the purchase of a garbage
disposal and a water-filtration system.

Personally, I don't think the disposal makes that much of a
difference. Since we compost, we don't use it that much any-
way. But for all I know perhaps there's one out there that's
a gotta-have item for the remodeller....

For years I've used one of those Pur filters that screws onto
the faucet, and have been happy with it. The new faucet won't
take it, though, and at any rate we're ready for something
different. We don't have room for a whole-house system, though,
so obviously we're looking at the under-sink ones; probably one
of the type that filter both drinking water to a little spigot
on the sink as well as the supply to the icemaker in the fridge.

Any advice or suggestions in these two areas? Thanks!

--
Mark Shaw
"Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of mnshaw@