Hunt

In article .com>, tb
says...
[SNIP]
>I have seen, bought, tasted Shiraz at various occassions from South
>African (never had a chance to taste a truly impressive one
>unfortunately) and even from Chile and the US quite naturally, without
>wondering why they have chosen the name Shiraz and not Syrah. But
>coming to think of it, this may just be an attempt to position
>themselves distinctly from European products, or just to piggyback on
>the reputation built by the Australians.
>
>Cheers

TB,

Another thought just hit me (after I pressed Send for my last reply). There
are several co-op, as in cooperations, between SA/OZ wineries. One recent
encounter was with a "Cape" wine, that was a product of the company's OZ
operation. Maybe the wine is a product of SA, but is produced by an OZ, or
part-OZ, winery.

Hunt