Michael Plant

Space 6/23/05

> You're just a loose cannon waiting to go off. One man's insult is
> another man's compliment. There are no standards to determine an
> insult. Just ethnic bigotry on your part about a Russian concept of
> honor which got transmuted over time to include whatever aspecs of
> American culture you don't like. We use to choose pistols to settle
> insults. It turns out the better shot won. The dueling matches had a
> QUID PRO QUO arrangement where the Second could offer the apology. I
> apologize for whoever insulted you in the past or in the future.
> You're the one being uncivil using intimidation. Save me the immigrant
> whine about how you will save us from us. My Mom said you are being an
> asshole. That wasn't an insult just her opinion.
>
> Jim

Well, Jim: My Mom says you're an asshole, but she based it on a series of
facts. I however disagree with her.

Your discussion above is about relative and absolute values, and culture
driven values, points on which I sincerely believe more people need to
reflect.

Michael, the cultural relativist, drinkiing a nice Bian Cha from TeaSpring.