Alex Chaihorsky

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> You're just a loose cannon waiting to go off. One man's insult is
> another man's compliment. There are no standards to determine an
> insult.

Irrelevant - because I do not seek legal remedy. But I have my own standards
and my own lines. And the line is - libel. It is irrelevant how people
define insults. Libel - a different story. Calling someone a liar is libel
and that is why I GET INSULTED.

>Just ethnic bigotry on your part about a Russian concept of
> honor which got transmuted over time to include whatever aspecs of
> American culture you don't like. We use to choose pistols to settle
> insults.

And at that time - everyone in "civilized world" did that too. So, what's
the point? How is my Russian origin relevant in this? Just to create context
to bring he words "ethnic bigotry"? What for? To show me my "place"? The
more you try to irritate me the less you do, because you move yourself in my
mind from intellectually equal to someone who cannot win an argument without
childish anger spewing, name calling, attempts to insult... in short -
intellectually inferior. Which I do not think you are. So - why?

>It turns out the better shot won. The dueling matches had a
> QUID PRO QUO arrangement where the Second could offer the apology. I
> apologize for whoever insulted you in the past or in the future

You are a doll. But the only apology that makes sense is from an offender.
Unless she feels so ashamed of herself that she cannot type.

> You're the one being uncivil using intimidation.

With all due respect, Cowboy - you should see the irony of you commenting on
civility. I just hear laughter all over, honestly. Look back at your posts
in this group and really understand what you said from this angle. I think
you made my point for me, thank you. It may not entirly be your personal
fault. You may just fall into one of the traps of your profession. Because
practicing law is all intimidation and almost nothing but intimidation. That
is why, I think, so many schoolyard weaklings go to law schools - to get
their revenge for being bulled around by stronger boys. Law profession allow
one to feel powerful and intimidating without the need to be powerful and
intimidating. Same I saw many times in young policemen. I was surprised to
see almost none of that in young Westpoint cadets and young officers when I
had an honor of teaching some training courses there.. may be because they
are taught the concepts of honor and take it quite seriously, as opposed to
Police Academies.

Intimidation is attempting to make someone timid. I do not want her to be
timid - just to answer for her libelous insult. There are many ways to do
that and end this thing right away, but she (at least for now) choses the
confrontation. Whose fault is that?

>Save me the immigrant
> whine about how you will save us from us.

This also shows how civil you are. Yes, I am an immigrant and see no reason
to be shy about it (or proud of it, either). Whining? When? Who? Saving you
from you? What have you been smoking? Rest assured, Cowboy, I plan no such
thing. Sleep well.

>My Mom said you are being an
> asshole. That wasn't an insult just her opinion.

My regards to your Mom. She must be a very classy lady. Certainly she is
entitled to an opinion. Next time tell us also what she thinks about you. I
have a suspicion that she just adores you and think you are a cutest little
angry puppy on the planet. Tell he I agree wholeheartedly.

> Jim

Sasha.