Mike Petro

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:56:33 GMT, Rebecca Ore
> wrote:

>In article .com>,
> "Mike Petro" > wrote:
>
>> In modern Windows based newsreaders you can often
>> do it by right-clicking a poster and selecting "Ignore" and then
>> you will not (theoretically) see any posts sent by that person again.

>Mac and Unix users have better newsreaders than most of those commonly
>available for Windows users, but I think Agent can filter on topic, xref
>headers, and such. I use MT-NewsWatcher for Mac which can filter on all
>sorts of things, including threads, from lines, crossposts, without
>having to write regular expressions.

Yes, I use agent myself and it can do most of the stuff the Xreaders
can do. Albeit you are right in that you might have to write an
expression or two to thoroughly filter some stuff.

Mike
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
"In this work, when it shall be found that much is omitted, let it not be forgotten that much likewise is performed."
Samuel Johnson, 1775, upon finishing his dictionary.