wrote:

> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> Depending on what broke, it might be possible to get it
> >> repaired even though the manufacturer is no longer
> >> available.
> >>
> >> What went wrong...?
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >> --
> >> Kenneth
> >>
> >> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

> >Repair is unlikely, although I'm checking. A gear has broken on the
> >shaft connecting the motor to the dough hook, so the shaft rotates and
> >pops out. Mfr. was Country Engineering in Wisconsin and they've been
> >gone for years. Cost 20+ years ago was $264 as it had demo'ed at
> >Organic Gardening kitchens. Probably made 2500-3000 loaves mostly for
> >family use.
> >
> >Thanks, Jan

> Hi again Jan,
>
> It is most unlikely that the broken gear was unique to that
> mixer. With your description of the problem I would suggest
> that a repair is even more likely.
>
> Good luck with it,
> --
> Kenneth
>
> If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."

Since your original mixer was a 20 qt you should stay with that size.

That leaves out most of the heavy duty kitchen mixers that I know of.
Most at 5 qt or less.

A Hobart mixer with paddle and dough hook may meet your requirements
but tend to be expensive even secondhand.

Thunderbird do a very similar mixer at about $1600 new.

Try
www.bakeryequipment.com. The site needs Internet explorer for the
menus to work properly.

You could also try ebay.

A repair seems like an option if you can find someone handy to size the
gear. If it needs to be made for you forget it.