Laurie

"Tipster" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> ... want to hear "frist
> hand experience" from vegans who avoid sugar (honey, processed white
> etc) and are on a low fat (where one actually moniters their fat
> intake) diet.

Considering that we are frugivorous apes, there in no reason to avoid
fruit sugars; in fact, most of our diet should be fruit like our nearest
genetic relatives, the chimp.
http://www.ecologos.org/pix/Health/chimpdiet.xls
Of course eliminate refined/table sugar and all processed starches:
breads, pasta, and it is best to eliminate grains, in general.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/458592_1
http://www.ecologos.org/ttdd.html#o

Raw food vegans eat mostly fruit, occasional salads, and some use nuts.
So, we are all on a "low fat" diet, although the words "high" and "low"
are meaningless in nutrition. The body is designed to eat a very specific
diet, with specific numeric limits, and health will be gained by
approximating as close as possible that biologically-correct diet.
Modern "nutrition" has no recognition of, or interest in, our biological
imperatives.

Laurie