Old 18-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Tipster

Default Are there any sugar free low fat vegan dieters?

Are there any sugarfree (as in processed sugar, white or brown) low fat
vegan dieters out there? Can you give me some tips for adopting this
type of lifestyle please?

Old 18-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Steve

http://www.veganhealth.org

--

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Old 18-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Tipster

To Steve,

Thanks for the reference, I went to the website but want to hear "frist
hand experience" from vegans who avoid sugar (honey, processed white
etc) and are on a low fat (where one actually moniters their fat
intake) diet.

Old 19-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Steve

Tipster wrote:
To Steve,

Thanks for the reference, I went to the website but want to hear "frist
hand experience" from vegans who avoid sugar (honey, processed white
etc) and are on a low fat (where one actually moniters their fat
intake) diet.

For health or weight loss I don't think it is worth monitoring fat or
sugar ( from my experience ). In regards to sugar ( or any potently
sweet food ) it is best to reduce it to an occasional treat. In
regards to fat you should learn what the good fats are and what the bad
fats are. You need the good fats and they will help keep you satisifed
on fewer calories.

In regards to weight loss it is all about calories. Source matter in
terms of health, not in terms of weight loss.

Old 20-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Laurie

"Tipster" wrote in message
oups.com...
... want to hear "frist
hand experience" from vegans who avoid sugar (honey, processed white
etc) and are on a low fat (where one actually moniters their fat
intake) diet.

Considering that we are frugivorous apes, there in no reason to avoid
fruit sugars; in fact, most of our diet should be fruit like our nearest
genetic relatives, the chimp.
http://www.ecologos.org/pix/Health/chimpdiet.xls
Of course eliminate refined/table sugar and all processed starches:
breads, pasta, and it is best to eliminate grains, in general.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/458592_1
http://www.ecologos.org/ttdd.html#o

Raw food vegans eat mostly fruit, occasional salads, and some use nuts.
So, we are all on a "low fat" diet, although the words "high" and "low"
are meaningless in nutrition. The body is designed to eat a very specific
diet, with specific numeric limits, and health will be gained by
approximating as close as possible that biologically-correct diet.
Modern "nutrition" has no recognition of, or interest in, our biological
imperatives.

Laurie

Old 23-06-2005, 03:22 PM
usual suspect

Larry Fraudy wrote:
... want to hear "frist
hand experience" from vegans who avoid sugar (honey, processed white
etc) and are on a low fat (where one actually moniters their fat
intake) diet.

Considering that we are frugivorous apes,

No, we're omnivores. So are most other apes.

there in no reason to avoid
fruit sugars; in fact, most of our diet should be fruit like our nearest
genetic relatives, the chimp.

Chimps eat meat.
Old 24-06-2005, 04:31 AM
rick

"VSA" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eganetnews2...
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:21:18 -1000, "Laurie"
wrote the
following in alt.food.vegan:

Considering that we are frugivorous apes, there in no reason
to avoid
fruit sugars; in fact, most of our diet should be fruit like
our nearest
genetic relatives, the chimp.
http://www.ecologos.org/pix/Health/chimpdiet.xls

Bull. Chimps are omnivores. Period. So are humans. Period.

How about a link from source with some credibility? One that
isn't
just a private web site?

==============
LOL Not only just a private site, but it's HIS site that he
keeps referring to! What a hoot!
As if his own citations mean anything....

http://tinyurl.com/8uc6s

"The Predatory Behavior and Ecology of Wild Chimpanzees"
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~stanford/chimphunt.html

Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Laurie

"usual suspect" wrote in message
news
Considering that we are frugivorous apes,

No, we're omnivores. So are most other apes.

Humans are CULTURAL omnivores. only because of tool use, unable to kill
and eat their corpses RAW like ALL natural omnivores.
Go kill and eat a stray cat, raw, with your natural biological
equipment, and you will see just how much of an "omnivore" you really are.
However, gutless cowards do not have the courage of their convictions.
Try to come up with a rigorous physiological/biochemical definition of
"omnivore"; you can not!

Chimps eat meat.

-Some- chimps eat flesh, not meat, -some- times, and the practice is
clearly a cultural, not a nutritional, one, because sexual favors are traded
for flesh, just like in human dating.
www.ecologos.org/chimphunt.htm
If flesh were a nutritional imperative for chimps, then all adults would
eat it all the time. You are intentionally exaggerating a
nutritionally-meaningless, insignificant social/sexual practice and
dishonestly implying that flesh is inherent to the chimp diet, and that is a
lie.

Laurie

Old 12-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Laurie

"VSA" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eganetnews2...

I've noticed that kooks on usenet often like to cite themselves in a
lame attempt to back up their own assertions. I guess we know where
"Laurie" fits in then.

IF you actually examined my site, you would discover that it has well
over 700 citations to the current scientific literature, so I am not citing
myself, as you falsely claim.

Laurie

Old 20-07-2005, 10:47 PM
usual suspect

Larry Fruity stopped panhandling and wrote:
Considering that we are frugivorous apes,

No, we're omnivores. So are most other apes.

Humans are CULTURAL omnivores. only because of tool use, unable to kill
and eat their corpses RAW like ALL natural omnivores.

We're quite capable of killing prey and eating it raw. Humans in all
cultures eat raw meat -- carpaccio, sashimi, tartar, etc.

Go kill and eat a stray cat,

Consumption of cats and dogs is illegal in Texas, Larry.

Old 25-07-2005, 04:40 PM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:07:17 -1000, "Laurie" wrote:

"usual suspect" wrote in message
news
Considering that we are frugivorous apes,

No, we're omnivores. So are most other apes.

Humans are CULTURAL omnivores. only because of tool use, unable to kill
and eat their corpses RAW like ALL natural omnivores.
Go kill and eat a stray cat, raw, with your natural biological
equipment, and you will see just how much of an "omnivore" you really are.
However, gutless cowards do not have the courage of their convictions.
Try to come up with a rigorous physiological/biochemical definition of
"omnivore"; you can not!

Chimps eat meat.

-Some- chimps eat flesh, not meat, -some- times, and the practice is
clearly a cultural, not a nutritional, one, because sexual favors are traded
for flesh, just like in human dating.
www.ecologos.org/chimphunt.htm

[...]
In the American Scientist article, Stanford describes witnessing the largest massacre
ever documented at Gombe. Two hunting parties with a total of 33 chimps - two of
them swollen females - converged on a group of 25 colobus monkeys. The male chimps
chased and shook the monkeys from trees, eventually killing seven. Before Stanford's
eyes, a large male chimp plucked a baby monkey from a branch and "dispatched it with
a bite to the skull." The chimp then approached a swollen female with the carcass,
dangling it just out of her reach until she presented her swelling. Only after copulation
did the male share his food.

"An important issue today in human male-female relationships is control," Stanford said.
"What we're seeing is the evolutionary roots of this kind of mutual attempt to manipulate
and control. Male chimps are using meat to control female behavior and female chimps
are making use of their reproductive system to get meat."
[...]
http://www.usc.edu/ext-relations/new...tml/chimp.html

Old 30-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Laurie

"usual suspect" wrote in message

Humans are CULTURAL omnivores. only because of tool use, unable to
kill and eat their corpses RAW like ALL natural omnivores.

We're quite capable of killing prey and eating it raw. Humans in all
cultures eat raw meat -- carpaccio, sashimi, tartar, etc.

Nice, but juvenile dodge, and one you have used before like all the
other gutless necrophages, but only after it has been killed prepared with
tools; go do it with your bare hands, starting with an animal and your bare
hands and teeth. - you can't.
You just talk, you do not have the courage of your convictions; that is
self-negating.

Go kill and eat a stray cat,

Consumption of cats and dogs is illegal in Texas, Larry.

Another dodge; tear one apart with your bare hands and chow down - or
admit you are a coward.

Laurie

Old 30-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Laurie

[email protected] wrote in message ...

laurie -Some- chimps eat flesh, not meat, -some- times, and the
laurie practice is clearly a cultural, not a nutritional, one,
laurie because sexual favors are traded for flesh, just
laurie like in human dating.
laurie www.ecologos.org/chimphunt.htm
"An important issue today in human male-female relationships is
control," Stanford said. "What we're seeing is the evolutionary
roots of this kind of mutual attempt to manipulate and control.
Male chimps are using meat to control female behavior and
female chimps are making use of their reproductive system
to get meat."
[...]
http://www.usc.edu/ext-relations/new...tml/chimp.html

Thanks for supporting what I said; are you developing a new respect for
facts and honesty? If so, I encourage it strongly.

Laurie

Old 30-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Beach Runner

Yes, Chimps have been known to eat some meat. It is not a regular part
of their diet. It is mostly cultural. Just like most human cannibalism.

Our digestive system is most similar to the frugarious baboon.

Old 30-07-2005, 01:02 PM
rick

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, Chimps have been known to eat some meat.

Then they are not vegan, fool. Hey, what a coincidence, neither
are you!

Laurie wrote:

[...]

Sugar free flour free peanut butter cookies Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 2 02-05-2013 06:00 AM
VEGAN & SUGAR FREE cookies Dan Vegan 4 21-09-2011 05:14 PM
Jello sugar-free fat-free instant pudding Janet Diabetic 12 12-10-2010 06:33 PM
Anyone interested in tasty , Healthy, sugar free microwave and other sugar less recipes Sweet Sugar Less Diva Recipes Diabetic 3 26-10-2007 06:41 PM
Sugar-free, sweetener-free cheesecake recipe wanted [email protected] General Cooking 10 04-08-2006 07:54 PM