Paul Turner

>What part of Saturday night did you believe was not a weekend?

none - on the sign in the window it was not made clear that the offer
didn't apply at weekends - clearly a ploy to get punters into the place
in the first place. Like I said, when the waiter told us the offer
didn't apply to us, we politely said we would like to leave, whereby he
quickly changed his mind about it, telling us he would offer us the
deal after all, but of course after he came back with the wine and
opened it he told us it didn't include starters!

>Let the buyer beware .....your rant is unfounded.

not at all - in fact, my girlfriend pointed out to me that I left out
of the review this joker waiter guy actually admitted to us he was
trying to rip us off! this was in an argument outside the restaurant.

I eat out in Southampton several times a week, and I've never ever seen
this level of fraud anywhere else. there are so many lovely
restaurants in Southampton that don't need to pull the wool over your
eyes and use this cheap level of deceptive marketing to get punters in.