Paul Turner

Default King and I Thai, Southampton, UK

The King and I Thai.

NEVER EAT HERE. I went here with my girlfriend last Saturday night,
after being impressed with their =A310 meal deal sign on the outside of
the building (a starter and a main course for =A310).

After sitting down we noticed inside the menu that this offer did not
apply at weekends. After explaining to the waiter we only really
wanted to eat in this restuarant becuase of the =A310 deal, he told us
he would let it go, and offered us the said deal. What a nice man we
thought! We ordered a bottle of red wine.

When he arrived with the wine, and had opened the bottle, he then
explained to us the =A310 deal did not include starters! WHAT?! This
means this "deal" entitles us to ONE MAIN course for =A310! Many of the
courses were about =A37, meaning this "deal" means we have to pay =A33
extra!

Obviously unimpressed with this, we got up to leave. Whilst putting my
coat on, I asked the waiter (who I think was also the manager) what his
name was, and he outright refused to tell me, clearly knowing he was
trying to take advantage of us, and didn't want us to make a fool of
him in the media.

Look out for this waiter/manager guy. He is a confidence trickster and
is not to be trusted. He deliberately waited until he opened out
bottle of wine before telling us the cost of the meal had dramatically
increased.

Avoid.

Pigsty

"Paul Turner" > wrote in message
ups.com...
The King and I Thai.

NEVER EAT HERE. I went here with my girlfriend last Saturday night,
after being impressed with their £10 meal deal sign on the outside of
the building (a starter and a main course for £10).

After sitting down we noticed inside the menu that this offer did not
apply at weekends. After explaining to the waiter we only really
wanted to eat in this restuarant becuase of the £10 deal, he told us
he would let it go, and offered us the said deal. What a nice man we
thought! We ordered a bottle of red wine.

When he arrived with the wine, and had opened the bottle, he then
explained to us the £10 deal did not include starters! WHAT?! This
means this "deal" entitles us to ONE MAIN course for £10! Many of the
courses were about £7, meaning this "deal" means we have to pay £3
extra!

Obviously unimpressed with this, we got up to leave. Whilst putting my
coat on, I asked the waiter (who I think was also the manager) what his
name was, and he outright refused to tell me, clearly knowing he was
trying to take advantage of us, and didn't want us to make a fool of
him in the media.

Look out for this waiter/manager guy. He is a confidence trickster and
is not to be trusted. He deliberately waited until he opened out
bottle of wine before telling us the cost of the meal had dramatically
increased.

Avoid.

Ida Slapter

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:13:01 GMT, "Pigsty" > wrote:

> I went here with my girlfriend last Saturday night,

>After sitting down we noticed inside the menu that this offer did not
>apply at weekends.

What part of Saturday night did you believe was not a weekend?

Let the buyer beware .....your rant is unfounded.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Beverly Sills
Paul Turner

>What part of Saturday night did you believe was not a weekend?

none - on the sign in the window it was not made clear that the offer
didn't apply at weekends - clearly a ploy to get punters into the place
in the first place. Like I said, when the waiter told us the offer
didn't apply to us, we politely said we would like to leave, whereby he
quickly changed his mind about it, telling us he would offer us the
deal after all, but of course after he came back with the wine and
opened it he told us it didn't include starters!

>Let the buyer beware .....your rant is unfounded.

not at all - in fact, my girlfriend pointed out to me that I left out
of the review this joker waiter guy actually admitted to us he was
trying to rip us off! this was in an argument outside the restaurant.

I eat out in Southampton several times a week, and I've never ever seen
this level of fraud anywhere else. there are so many lovely
restaurants in Southampton that don't need to pull the wool over your
eyes and use this cheap level of deceptive marketing to get punters in.

Pigsty

Well, I can see some Brit has taken my ID.

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:13:01 GMT, "Pigsty" > wrote:
>
>> I went here with my girlfriend last Saturday night,

>>After sitting down we noticed inside the menu that this offer did not
>>apply at weekends.

> What part of Saturday night did you believe was not a weekend?
>
> Let the buyer beware .....your rant is unfounded.
>

> There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
> - Beverly Sills

Paul Turner

huh?