Dog Ma 1

- Charcoal is not a good desiccant; will not dehumidify effectively.

- "bamboo charcoal kicks up the ion charges in the water which makes it
tastier" - slightly bizarre and probably meaningless from a scientific
perspective.

- " I use charcoal filters in cold water, they kill the nasty chemical
aftertaste. I was wondering about boiling the water with the charcoal." -
Boiling will cause unpleasant chemicals to desorb from the charcoal, putting
them back into the water. Best to use on cold water, and remove charcoal
before heating. In fact, some activated charcoals (there are many types) can
be reactivated by boiling in water - like reactivating a desiccant by
baking.

DM