samarkand

Your experience is not completely fruitless. Almost all of people from
mainland China I have come across speak awkward English, they learned the
grammar but missed out on the nuance of words, just as anyone learning a
foreign tongue would; lacking an opportunity to use the language daily is a
setback, hence not many of them speak fluently.

I was raised in the mainland, completed education in Vancouver, and work in
Singapore.

Not really proving you wrong, is it?

oups.com...