Vox Humana

"stgagnon" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> That's a great site. Thanks.
>
> It talks about putting on the apricot glaze to give the fondant
> something to stick to.
>
> Now I may be getting a little wacky.. but I'm starting to think about
> the yummy chocolate taste of ganache.
> What would happen if I used a *ganache* glaze under the fondant? Could
> the fondant stick to that? Then the cake would have chocolate in the
> frosting and I could also color the fondant to look like a stone
> castle. Other than the extra work involved, do you think this would
> work?

It might work but if you only are looking for a chocolate flavor, there is a
much easier and less risky solution: serve the ganache/chocolate sauce on
the side. My perception is that the cake is primarily a centerpiece. As
you say, there is another cake for adults. In my experience, kids are just
as happy with a Hostess Ding Dong as they are with a fancy cake. Some people
don't like chocolate, so by serving it on the side, you give them an option.