Dar V

Hello,
I use bentonite to clear a wine as a last resort, which hasn't been all that
many times. I will leave others to talk about their experiences and whether
they feel the taste of the wine is affected. Most of the time, my wines
clear of their own accord by letting them sit long enough, racking them
another time, or cold stabilization. It all depends, I guess, on what
expectations you have about your wine and what it looks like. Others have
heard this story - my expectations of my wine is that it be clear with a
dusting of sediment (if at all) in my bottles. My brother sent me some of
his wine - it tasted fine. But, the wine was cloudy and there was about a
1/2 inch of sediment in the bottom of his bottle. It didn't bother him, but
I wouldn't send a gift of wine which looked like that.... It all depends.
Darlene ;o)