usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>>And your point is??

>>That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

> She didn't come off that way to me.

Only because you're a dolt.

> I think she's a nice person.

She's deeply troubled and morally confused.

>>>Maybe you should try getting stoned.

>>Why would I do that?

> Maybe it'll improve your intellect

Quite the contrary:

Effects of smoking are generally felt within a few minutes and
peak in 10 to 30 minutes. They include dry mouth and throat,
increased heart rate, *impaired coordination and balance*,
*delayed reaction time*, and *diminished short-term memory*.
Moderate doses tend to induce a sense of well-being and a dreamy
state of relaxation that *encourages fantasies*, *renders some
users highly suggestible*, and *distorts perception* (making it
dangerous to operate machinery, drive a car or boat, or ride a
bicycle). *Stronger doses prompt more intense and often
disturbing reactions including paranoia and hallucinations*....

*Marijuana use reduces learning ability*. Research has been
piling up of late demonstrating clearly that *marijuana limits
the capacity to absorb and retain information*. A 1995 study of
college students discovered that the inability of heavy
marijuana users to focus, sustain attention, and organize data
persists for as long as 24 hours after their last use of the
drug. Earlier research, comparing cognitive abilities of adult
marijuana users with non-using adults, found that users fall
short on memory as well as math and verbal skills. Although it
has yet to be proven conclusively that heavy marijuana use can
cause irreversible loss of intellectual capacity, animal studies
have shown *marijuana-induced structural damage to portions of
the brain essential to memory and learning*.
http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

There's a reason it's called DOPE, dope.

Quite unlikely: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/duc.htm

>>>And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

>>It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

> I never said it was.

At least you now know there's no explanation for why you're such a
dickhead, just that you are one.

>>>It is a part of who I am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some
>>>autistic people are gifted in ways that neurotypicals are not.

>>Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

> Everybody has good and bad points.

What are your good points?

>>>You, on the other hand, have to live the rest of your life as the asshole
>>>that you are. A pity...

>>Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't diagnose
>>me every time we experience friction.

> If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

Lubricants don't alleviate the symptoms of PMS or situations like when
the girlfriend wants to watch a chick-flick and the boyfriend wants to
watch boxing.

>>>So do hollow well wishes....

>>Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from December:
>>Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
>>tentative "welcome back" to you.
>>-- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04
>>
>>Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.

> Only with assholes...

Are you calling your girlfriend an asshole?
I am 45 years old and have always had lots of difficulty
socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
relationships. My girlfriend, who is a practicing psychologist,
has been nearly at wits end with me until she recently realized
that I fit many of the symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome.
http://tinyurl.com/9vcr9

Is she still "at wits end" [sic] now that you know you don't have
Asperger's Disorder?