Bawl

Steve Hansen Smythe wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:
> > Larry Fruity wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?contentid=4949

> > This is to replace their "veggie whopper," which has been an
> > underperforming menu item. The new one will likewise underperform. Just
> > consider the math:
> >
> > BK plans to run the table, though, with a nationwide roll out by
> > the end of the month. No word on the reaction from BK
> > franchisees who operate about 90% of the chain's restaurants.
> >
> > And:
> >
> > With the number of serious vegetarians stagnating at less than
> > 2% according to some estimates, the market potential may be just
> > too small, though, for a QSR selling to a mass market.
> >
> > I think it's highly unlikely you'll be able to find their new fake
> > burgers outside of urban areas -- where this miserly, stagnant 2% of the
> > population who are "serious vegetarians" spend their lives -- except at
> > BK-owned units (I suspect they operate very few non-urban units
> > themselves). How many of that stagnant 2% will venture to BK to eat a
> > burger? They didn't show up to buy the old "veggie whopper."

> I agree that it's likely to underperform, but not based on whatever
> figure their statistical methods might churn out for the number of
> vegetarians in the population (whether it's 2% or 20% is immaterial),
> but because v's tend to avoid restaurants with a strong focus on animal
> products in the first place. The restaurant has to try to draw its
> primary prey, the carnivore, because that's where it's making most of
> its money. In the very act of attracting meat-eaters it's bound to turn
> off the very people who might eat their new meatless burger.
>
> So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news; a doomed
> gesture.

Sounds about right.
One thing is for sure, etter won't be dining out at BK any time soon
unless they can guarantee that the putrifying beef he is eating was
grass fed.......and he'll likely want the udder as well.

rick

"Bawl" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Steve Hansen Smythe wrote:
>> usual suspect wrote:

>> > This is to replace their "veggie whopper," which has been an
>> > underperforming menu item. The new one will likewise
>> > underperform. Just
>> > consider the math:
>> >
>> > BK plans to run the table, though, with a nationwide
>> > roll out by
>> > the end of the month. No word on the reaction from BK
>> > franchisees who operate about 90% of the chain's
>> > restaurants.
>> >
>> > And:
>> >
>> > With the number of serious vegetarians stagnating at
>> > less than
>> > 2% according to some estimates, the market potential may
>> > be just
>> > too small, though, for a QSR selling to a mass market.
>> >
>> > I think it's highly unlikely you'll be able to find their
>> > new fake
>> > burgers outside of urban areas -- where this miserly,
>> > stagnant 2% of the
>> > population who are "serious vegetarians" spend their
>> > lives -- except at
>> > BK-owned units (I suspect they operate very few non-urban
>> > units
>> > themselves). How many of that stagnant 2% will venture to BK
>> > to eat a
>> > burger? They didn't show up to buy the old "veggie whopper."

>> I agree that it's likely to underperform, but not based on
>> whatever
>> figure their statistical methods might churn out for the
>> number of
>> vegetarians in the population (whether it's 2% or 20% is
>> immaterial),
>> but because v's tend to avoid restaurants with a strong focus
>> on animal
>> products in the first place. The restaurant has to try to draw
>> its
>> primary prey, the carnivore, because that's where it's making
>> most of
>> its money. In the very act of attracting meat-eaters it's
>> bound to turn
>> off the very people who might eat their new meatless burger.
>>
>> So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news;
>> a doomed
>> gesture.

> Sounds about right.
> One thing is for sure, etter won't be dining out at BK any time
> soon

=====================
No, I won't. Aren't they the ones that 'grill' over gas flames?

> unless they can guarantee that the putrifying beef he is eating
> was
> grass fed.......and he'll likely want the udder as well.

=================
As usual, you have nothing to add. That's for more proof of your
ignorance, fool....

rick

Default Good news?

"Steve Hansen Smythe" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
>> "Steve Hansen Smythe" > wrote in message

>>>I agree that it's likely to underperform, but not based on
>>>whatever figure their statistical methods might churn out for
>>>the number of vegetarians in the population (whether it's 2%
>>>or 20% is immaterial), but because v's tend to avoid
>>>restaurants with a strong focus on animal products in the
>>>first place. The restaurant has to try to draw its primary
>>>prey, the carnivore,

>> =====================
>> What are you smoking, fool? What 'carnivores' would those
>> be? Lions, tigers, crocs...?
>>

> Are you taking offense at a word that simply means
> "meat-eater"? Can you deny that Burger King's customers
> consistently eat meat?
> ========================

It has a speciic meaning. Humans are not it. But that said, you
do realize that even this typical american diet that the loons
like to refer to is far more plant based than meat based, don't
you? We even eat more potatoes than beef a year. In fact at 121
pounds of potatoes, it's only about 70 pounds behind all meat
consumption combined.

> All right then. Omnivore it is.
>>
>> because that's where it's making most of
>>
>>>its money. In the very act of attracting meat-eaters it's
>>>bound to turn off the very people who might eat their new
>>>meatless burger.
>>>
>>>So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news;
>>>a doomed gesture.

>> ===============
>> As proven by the fact that there are no nationwide veggie
>> eateries, eh killer?
>>

> Let's just choose a different nation then. India, say. Sure to
> be nationwide veggie eateries there.

=================
LOL First you'll have to convince me that there ARE food chains
there since over 30% of the population lives on less than a $1 a
day...

usual suspect

Steve Hansen Smythe wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:
>
>> Larry Fruity wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?contentid=4949

>> This is to replace their "veggie whopper," which has been an
>> underperforming menu item. The new one will likewise underperform.
>> Just consider the math:
>>
>> BK plans to run the table, though, with a nationwide roll out by
>> the end of the month. No word on the reaction from BK
>> franchisees who operate about 90% of the chain’s restaurants.
>>
>> And:
>>
>> With the number of serious vegetarians stagnating at less than
>> 2% according to some estimates, the market potential may be just
>> too small, though, for a QSR selling to a mass market.
>>
>> I think it's highly unlikely you'll be able to find their new fake
>> burgers outside of urban areas -- where this miserly, stagnant 2% of
>> the population who are "serious vegetarians" spend their lives --
>> except at BK-owned units (I suspect they operate very few non-urban
>> units themselves). How many of that stagnant 2% will venture to BK to
>> eat a burger? They didn't show up to buy the old "veggie whopper."

> I agree that it's likely to underperform, but not based on whatever
> figure their statistical methods might churn out for the number of
> vegetarians in the population (whether it's 2% or 20% is immaterial),

Ten-fold differences ARE material.

> but because v's tend to avoid restaurants with a strong focus on animal
> products in the first place.

They didn't actively target vegetarians with their first veggie whopper.
It was more or less for flexitarians as well as those who wanted to go
eat out with friends. If the BK marketing people were to do a little
more homework, they would completely ignore vegetarians.

> The restaurant has to try to draw its
> primary prey, the carnivore, because that's where it's making most of
> its money. In the very act of attracting meat-eaters it's bound to turn
> off the very people who might eat their new meatless burger.

I realize some of you "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes,
but there are plenty more people who are vegetarian for health reasons
who'll make an occasional trip to BK on their own or with meat-eating
friends. If being around happy meat-eating people bothers you, remember
that most BKs have a drive-thru. WTF is different about BK's veggie
burger and the ones you'd make at home using a similar fake burger
product (whether it's Morningstar or Boca)? Nothing but your shitty
attitude towards others.

> So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news; a doomed
> gesture.

I'll one-up you: If BK's target is vegans, the new veggie burger is a
meaningless gesture to a very meaningless group.
C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message

> They didn't actively target vegetarians with their first veggie whopper.
> It was more or less for flexitarians as well as those who wanted to go eat
> out with friends.

That's not the way I remember it. People were becoming more concerned about
high fat and cholesterol, particularly in fast foods. McDonalds was the
first to test market veggie burgers in some regional markets. Burger King
followed suit with their introduction of a veggie burger. Now the trend
seems to be split between offering larger portions ("super sized" products,
etc.) and better fruit and salad choices for the more health conscious
people. They are always exploring where they think the market is going, not
trying to convenience flexitarian friends of carnivores.

> If the BK marketing people were to do a little more homework, they would
> completely ignore
> vegetarians.

They never did target vegetarians per se, but instead are more interested in
a much larger market share of increasingly health conscious consumers.

>> The restaurant has to try to draw its primary prey, the carnivore,
>> because that's where it's making most of its money. In the very act of
>> attracting meat-eaters it's bound to turn off the very people who might
>> eat their new meatless burger.

> I realize some of you "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes,

Huh, I'm surprised you didn't include ALL "ethical vegetarians" in your
stereotype.

> but there are plenty more people who are vegetarian for health reasons
> who'll make an occasional trip to BK on their own or with meat-eating
> friends.

Most vegetarians I have ever known wouldn't go near a "Murder King" or
"McDeath" joint even with the scant few offerings of "healthy" alternatives.

> If being around happy meat-eating people bothers you

All meat-eating people aren't happy as you would like to think. They are
often fatter and unhealthier than vegetarians and thus tend to be more
depressed.

>, remember that most BKs have a drive-thru. WTF is different about BK's
>veggie burger and the ones you'd make at home

Hmm, what about the fact that veggie burgers are cooked on the same animal
fat contaminated conveyor as meat burgers (unless you specifically ask them
to nuke it)?

> using a similar fake burger product (whether it's Morningstar or Boca)?

Veggie burgers are only "fake" relative to meat burgers. They are actually
fine sandwiches in their own right.

> Nothing but your shitty attitude towards others.

You ought to check your attitude sometime...

>> So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news; a doomed
>> gesture.

> I'll one-up you: If BK's target is vegans, the new veggie burger is a
> meaningless gesture to a very meaningless group.

I bet there are a lot of vegans who would like to give you a gesture...

usual suspect

See James Strut wrote:

Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

<...>
>>I realize some of you "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes,

> Huh, I'm surprised you didn't include ALL "ethical vegetarians" in your
> stereotype.

I didn't proof-read before posting. Thanks for pointing this out, Jim.
ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.

<...>
>>>So the new burger isn't good news, or bad news. It's no news; a doomed
>>>gesture.

>>I'll one-up you: If BK's target is vegans, the new veggie burger is a
>>meaningless gesture to a very meaningless group.

> I bet there are a lot of vegans who would like to give you a gesture...

They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
among you all:
...[T]his fart's for you.
PPFFFFFFTHHHHHH
Whoops, it was more than
a fart. It's still for you.
-- http://tinyurl.com/9t2hv
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> See James Strut wrote:
>
> Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

Very nice, Usual, picking on
people. Shows what you're
made of.

> <...>
> >>I realize some of you "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes,

> > Huh, I'm surprised you didn't include ALL "ethical vegetarians" in your
> > stereotype.

> I didn't proof-read before posting. Thanks for pointing this out, Jim.
> ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
>
> <...>
> >>
> >>I'll one-up you: If BK's target is vegans, the new veggie burger is a
> >>meaningless gesture to a very meaningless group.

> > I bet there are a lot of vegans who would like to give you a gesture...

> They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
> among you all:
> ...[T]his fart's for you.
> PPFFFFFFTHHHHHH
> Whoops, it was more than
> a fart. It's still for you.
> -- http://tinyurl.com/9t2hv

I'd give you another, but I
think I'm done for the day.
LOL.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>See James Strut wrote:
>>
>>Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

> Very nice, Usual, picking on
> people. Shows what you're
> made of.

I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
better to his internet girlfriend.

Spare me, you repulsive old ****.

> but I think I'm done for the day.
> LOL.

Very doubtful because you're so full of shit.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> >>See James Strut wrote:
> >>
> >>Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

> > Very nice, Usual, picking on
> > people. Shows what you're
> > made of.

> I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
> better to his internet girlfriend.

You were picking on him. You
even changed his name to See
James Strut. That shows you're
calling him a first grader or
something similar, since that's
when most people read the
See Spot Run books.

> >><...>

> >>I didn't proof-read before posting. Thanks for pointing this out, Jim.
> >>ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
> >>
> >><...>

doomed

> >>They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
> >>among you all:
> >>...[T]his fart's for you.
> >>PPFFFFFFTHHHHHH
> >>Whoops, it was more than
> >>a fart. It's still for you.
> >>-- http://tinyurl.com/9t2hv

> > I'd give you another,

> Spare me, you repulsive old ****.
>
> > but I think I'm done for the day.
> > LOL.

> Very doubtful because you're so full of shit.

Hey, you brought it up, with
it's very own tinyurl.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> See James Strut wrote:
>
> Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

Fine. I see your personality disorder is also doing well...

C. James Strutz

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

>> > Very nice, Usual, picking on
>> > people. Shows what you're
>> > made of.

>> I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
>> better to his internet girlfriend.

> You were picking on him. You
> even changed his name to See
> James Strut. That shows you're
> calling him a first grader or
> something similar, since that's
> when most people read the
> See Spot Run books.

Don't worry about it. He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are
people's weaknesses. Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire
lifetime as the asshole that he is. Hopefully it will be a long and
miserable life....

Scented Nectar

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> >> I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
> >> better to his internet girlfriend.

> > You were picking on him. You
> > even changed his name to See
> > James Strut. That shows you're
> > calling him a first grader or
> > something similar, since that's
> > when most people read the
> > See Spot Run books.

> Don't worry about it. He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are
> people's weaknesses. Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire
> lifetime as the asshole that he is. Hopefully it will be a long and
> miserable life....

You're right. He has to live
with himself. That can't be
too fun.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>Very nice, Usual, picking on
>>>people. Shows what you're
>>>made of.

>>I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
>>better to his internet girlfriend.

> You were picking on him.

Nahhh.

> You
> even changed his name to See
> James Strut. That shows you're
> calling him a first grader or
> something similar, since that's
> when most people read the
> See Spot Run books.

Leave it to you to make such connections.

> doomed

>>>I'd give you another,

>>Spare me, you repulsive old ****.
>>

>>>but I think I'm done for the day.
>>>LOL.

>>Very doubtful because you're so full of shit.

> Hey,

No hey. You're so full of shit, Skanky.
usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

> Fine.

Fine meaning you're socializing better with your internet
psychologist-girlfriend?

> I see your personality disorder is also doing well...

I have no disorder and I'm not the one who has "always had lots of
difficulty socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
relationships." *You* are.
usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>
>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>I'm not picking on C James. I hope he's doing better and opening up
>>>better to his internet girlfriend.

>>You were picking on him. You
>>even changed his name to See
>>James Strut. That shows you're
>>calling him a first grader or
>>something similar, since that's
>>when most people read the
>>See Spot Run books.

> Don't worry about it.

She will, at least until she gets stoned out of her mind.

> He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are
> people's weaknesses.

I think it's great that you and your girlfriend are exploring ways to
get beyond your problems: "I've always had lots of difficulty
socializing with other people, particularly in intimate relationships."

> Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire
> lifetime as the asshole that he is.

Do you likewise consider your Asperger's Disorder as some kind of cosmic
payback?

> Hopefully it will be a long and
> miserable life....

Nice -- here I am wishing you well and you only wish misery in return.
Remember that karma works both ways, Jimbo.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
>
>>"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>You were picking on him. You
>>>even changed his name to See
>>>James Strut. That shows you're
>>>calling him a first grader or
>>>something similar, since that's
>>>when most people read the
>>>See Spot Run books.

>>Don't worry about it. He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are
>>people's weaknesses. Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire
>>lifetime as the asshole that he is. Hopefully it will be a long and
>>miserable life....

> You're right. He has to live
> with himself. That can't be
> too fun.

So says the stoned ditz who seldom leaves her small Toronto apartment
except to ride the bus to the store for what she *thinks* are "veganic"
foods. Whatever you think of me, I have more of a life and more going
for me than you ever will.
C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> C. James Strutz wrote:
>> "Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>>
>>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>You were picking on him. You
>>>even changed his name to See
>>>James Strut. That shows you're
>>>calling him a first grader or
>>>something similar, since that's
>>>when most people read the
>>>See Spot Run books.

>> Don't worry about it.

> She will, at least until she gets stoned out of her mind.

And your point is??

>> He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are people's weaknesses.

> I think it's great that you and your girlfriend are exploring ways to get
> beyond your problems: "I've always had lots of difficulty socializing with
> other people, particularly in intimate relationships."

Thanks for proving my point...

>> Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire lifetime as the
>> asshole that he is.

> Do you likewise consider your Asperger's Disorder as some kind of cosmic
> payback?

Heh, Scented Nectar understood me and you didn't. Maybe you should try
getting stoned.

And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback. It is a part of who I
am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some autistic people are gifted
in ways that neurotypicals are not. You, on the other hand, have to live the
rest of your life as the asshole that you are. A pity...

>> Hopefully it will be a long and miserable life....

> Nice -- here I am wishing you well and you only wish misery in return.
> Remember that karma works both ways, Jimbo.

So do hollow well wishes....

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> C. James Strutz wrote:
>>>Hey Jimbo, how's your Asperger's Syndrome?

>> Fine.

> Fine meaning you're socializing better with your internet
> psychologist-girlfriend?

No, "fine" was in response to your thoughtful inquiry of my Asperger's
Syndrome.

>> I see your personality disorder is also doing well...

> I have no disorder and I'm not the one who has "always had lots of
> difficulty socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
> relationships." *You* are.

You have a HUGE personality disorder.

usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>C. James Strutz wrote:

. ..

>>>Don't worry about it.

>>She will, at least until she gets stoned out of her mind.

> And your point is??

That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

>>>He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are people's weaknesses.

>>I think it's great that you and your girlfriend are exploring ways to get
>>beyond your problems: "I've always had lots of difficulty socializing with
>>other people, particularly in intimate relationships."

> Thanks for proving my point...
>
>>>Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire lifetime as the
>>>asshole that he is.

>>Do you likewise consider your Asperger's Disorder as some kind of cosmic
>>payback?

> Heh, Scented Nectar understood me and you didn't.

I did.

> Maybe you should try getting stoned.

Why would I do that?

> And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

> It is a part of who I
> am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some autistic people are gifted
> in ways that neurotypicals are not.

Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

> You, on the other hand, have to live the
> rest of your life as the asshole that you are. A pity...

Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't
diagnose me every time we experience friction.

>>>Hopefully it will be a long and miserable life....

>>Nice -- here I am wishing you well and you only wish misery in return.
>>Remember that karma works both ways, Jimbo.

> So do hollow well wishes....

Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from December:
Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
tentative "welcome back" to you.
-- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04

Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.
usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:

>>>Fine.

>>Fine meaning you're socializing better with your internet
>>psychologist-girlfriend?

> No,

That's too bad. BTW, does she live in or near Pittsburgh or is (was)
this a kooky long-distance thing?

> "fine" was in response to your thoughtful inquiry of my Asperger's
> Syndrome.

Have you sought a second opinion?

>>>I see your personality disorder is also doing well...

>>I have no disorder and I'm not the one who has "always had lots of
>>difficulty socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
>>relationships." *You* are.

> You have a HUGE personality disorder.

Nope. I'm sane and quite normal.

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:

> .. .

> >>Don't worry about it. He gets his laughs picking on what he thinks are
> >>people's weaknesses. Karma vindicates us all as he has to live an entire
> >>lifetime as the asshole that he is. Hopefully it will be a long and
> >>miserable life....

> > You're right. He has to live
> > with himself. That can't be
> > too fun.

> So says the stoned ditz who seldom leaves her small Toronto apartment
> except to ride the bus to the store for what she *thinks* are "veganic"
> foods. Whatever you think of me, I have more of a life and more going
> for me than you ever will.

Stop fishing about my life.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> C. James Strutz wrote:

>>>Fine meaning you're socializing better with your internet
>>>psychologist-girlfriend?

>> No,

> That's too bad. BTW, does she live in or near Pittsburgh or is (was) this
> a kooky long-distance thing?

She lives about a mile from me "as the crow flies".

>> "fine" was in response to your thoughtful inquiry of my Asperger's
>> Syndrome.

> Have you sought a second opinion?

Yes, and it was negative.

>>>I have no disorder and I'm not the one who has "always had lots of
>>>difficulty socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
>>>relationships." *You* are.

>> You have a HUGE personality disorder.

> Nope. I'm sane and quite normal.

Then why are you such an asshole here?

usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>C. James Strutz wrote:
>>
>>>"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>No,

>>That's too bad. BTW, does she live in or near Pittsburgh or is (was) this
>>a kooky long-distance thing?

> She lives about a mile from me "as the crow flies".

She lives nearby and you had to meet her on the internet? Interesting.

>>>"fine" was in response to your thoughtful inquiry of my Asperger's
>>>Syndrome.

>>Have you sought a second opinion?

> Yes, and it was negative.

Thank goodness. Do you have any ideas why you're so anti-social?

>>>You have a HUGE personality disorder.

>>Nope. I'm sane and quite normal.

> Then why are you such an asshole here?

It's only those of you who've rubbed me the wrong way who think I'm one.
Care to guess why, Jim, or shall I refresh your memory of what you've
written to and about me?
C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> C. James Strutz wrote:
>> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>>
>>>C. James Strutz wrote:

>> And your point is??

> That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

She didn't come off that way to me. I think she's a nice person.

>> Maybe you should try getting stoned.

> Why would I do that?

Maybe it'll improve your intellect and your character.

>> And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

> It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

I never said it was.

>> It is a part of who I am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some
>> autistic people are gifted in ways that neurotypicals are not.

> Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

Everybody has good and bad points. You apparently weren't blessed with very
many virtues.

>> You, on the other hand, have to live the rest of your life as the asshole
>> that you are. A pity...

> Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't diagnose
> me every time we experience friction.

If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

>> So do hollow well wishes....

> Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from December:
> Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
> tentative "welcome back" to you.
> -- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04
>
> Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.

Only with assholes...

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> C. James Strutz wrote:

>>>That's too bad. BTW, does she live in or near Pittsburgh or is (was) this
>>>a kooky long-distance thing?

>> She lives about a mile from me "as the crow flies".

> She lives nearby and you had to meet her on the internet? Interesting.

Why is that so interesting?

>>>Have you sought a second opinion?

>> Yes, and it was negative.

> Thank goodness. Do you have any ideas why you're so anti-social?

I'm an off the scale introvert and thinker according to Myers-Briggs. Many
of my engineering colleagues over the years would probably score similarly.

>>>Nope. I'm sane and quite normal.

>> Then why are you such an asshole here?

> It's only those of you who've rubbed me the wrong way who think I'm one.
> Care to guess why, Jim, or shall I refresh your memory of what you've
> written to and about me?

I would venture to say that most of the people here think you're an asshole.

Scented Nectar

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> > C. James Strutz wrote:

> >> And your point is??

> > That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

> She didn't come off that way to me. I think she's a nice person.

Thank you.

> >> Maybe you should try getting stoned.

> > Why would I do that?

> Maybe it'll improve your intellect and your character.

He might even giggle for the
first time in his life and be
happy.

> >> And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

> > It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

> I never said it was.
>
> >> It is a part of who I am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some
> >> autistic people are gifted in ways that neurotypicals are not.

> > Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

> Everybody has good and bad points. You apparently weren't blessed with

very
> many virtues.
>
> >> You, on the other hand, have to live the rest of your life as the

asshole
> >> that you are. A pity...

> > Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't

diagnose
> > me every time we experience friction.

> If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

LOL Interesting that Usual admits
to having friction with those he's
supposedly close to.

> >> So do hollow well wishes....

> > Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from

December:
> > Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
> > tentative "welcome back" to you.
> > -- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04
> >
> > Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.

> Only with assholes...

Scented Nectar

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> > C. James Strutz wrote:

> >> And your point is??

> > That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

> She didn't come off that way to me. I think she's a nice person.

Thank you.

> >> Maybe you should try getting stoned.

> > Why would I do that?

> Maybe it'll improve your intellect and your character.

He might even giggle for the
first time in his life and be
happy.

> >> And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

> > It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

> I never said it was.
>
> >> It is a part of who I am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some
> >> autistic people are gifted in ways that neurotypicals are not.

> > Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

> Everybody has good and bad points. You apparently weren't blessed with

very
> many virtues.
>
> >> You, on the other hand, have to live the rest of your life as the

asshole
> >> that you are. A pity...

> > Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't

diagnose
> > me every time we experience friction.

> If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

LOL Interesting that Usual admits
to having friction with those he's
supposedly close to.

> >> So do hollow well wishes....

> > Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from

December:
> > Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
> > tentative "welcome back" to you.
> > -- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04
> >
> > Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.

> Only with assholes...

usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
>>>And your point is??

>>That her concern is shallow and meaningless.

> She didn't come off that way to me.

Only because you're a dolt.

> I think she's a nice person.

She's deeply troubled and morally confused.

>>>Maybe you should try getting stoned.

>>Why would I do that?

> Maybe it'll improve your intellect

Quite the contrary:

Effects of smoking are generally felt within a few minutes and
peak in 10 to 30 minutes. They include dry mouth and throat,
increased heart rate, *impaired coordination and balance*,
*delayed reaction time*, and *diminished short-term memory*.
Moderate doses tend to induce a sense of well-being and a dreamy
state of relaxation that *encourages fantasies*, *renders some
users highly suggestible*, and *distorts perception* (making it
dangerous to operate machinery, drive a car or boat, or ride a
bicycle). *Stronger doses prompt more intense and often
disturbing reactions including paranoia and hallucinations*....

*Marijuana use reduces learning ability*. Research has been
piling up of late demonstrating clearly that *marijuana limits
the capacity to absorb and retain information*. A 1995 study of
college students discovered that the inability of heavy
marijuana users to focus, sustain attention, and organize data
persists for as long as 24 hours after their last use of the
drug. Earlier research, comparing cognitive abilities of adult
marijuana users with non-using adults, found that users fall
short on memory as well as math and verbal skills. Although it
has yet to be proven conclusively that heavy marijuana use can
cause irreversible loss of intellectual capacity, animal studies
have shown *marijuana-induced structural damage to portions of
the brain essential to memory and learning*.
http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

There's a reason it's called DOPE, dope.

Quite unlikely: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/duc.htm

>>>And, no, Aspergers isn't any kind of cosmic payback.

>>It's certainly no kind of metaphysical "vindication."

> I never said it was.

At least you now know there's no explanation for why you're such a
dickhead, just that you are one.

>>>It is a part of who I am and I'm very happy with that. Actually, some
>>>autistic people are gifted in ways that neurotypicals are not.

>>Too bad you were short-changed that way, too.

> Everybody has good and bad points.

What are your good points?

>>>You, on the other hand, have to live the rest of your life as the asshole
>>>that you are. A pity...

>>Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't diagnose
>>me every time we experience friction.

> If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

Lubricants don't alleviate the symptoms of PMS or situations like when
the girlfriend wants to watch a chick-flick and the boyfriend wants to
watch boxing.

>>>So do hollow well wishes....

>>Then why do you keep making them? I remember your greeting from December:
>>Decided to grace us again with your presence, huh? Well, a very
>>tentative "welcome back" to you.
>>-- Jimbo Strutz, 1 Dec 04
>>
>>Asperger or not, you have a problem socializing with others.

> Only with assholes...

Are you calling your girlfriend an asshole?
I am 45 years old and have always had lots of difficulty
socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
relationships. My girlfriend, who is a practicing psychologist,
has been nearly at wits end with me until she recently realized
that I fit many of the symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome.
http://tinyurl.com/9vcr9

Is she still "at wits end" [sic] now that you know you don't have
Asperger's Disorder?
usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:

>>>She lives about a mile from me "as the crow flies".

>>She lives nearby and you had to meet her on the internet? Interesting.

> Why is that so interesting?

I didn't say "so interesting," just interesting. Maybe it isn't
interesting at all given your inability to socialize with others. I bet
she didn't know what she was getting into.

>>>Yes, and it was negative.

>>Thank goodness. Do you have any ideas why you're so anti-social?

> I'm an off the scale introvert and thinker according to Myers-Briggs. Many
> of my engineering colleagues over the years would probably score similarly.

Most wouldn't.

>>>Then why are you such an asshole here?

>>It's only those of you who've rubbed me the wrong way who think I'm one.
>>Care to guess why, Jim, or shall I refresh your memory of what you've
>>written to and about me?

> I would venture to say

Perhaps I do need to refresh your memory. Remember when you wrote that I
was anything but conventional and then showed what a *complete pussy*
you are by whiffing and then suggesting that you meant my running. That
was on the heels of my trying to make nice with you after your cold
greeting. I've tried being civil with you. You act like a dick whether
I'm nice to you or not, so why should I waste civility on you?
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<....>

>>>Why would I do that?

>>Maybe it'll improve your intellect and your character.

> He might even giggle for the
> first time in his life and be
> happy.

I'm already happy, and I already enjoy a good laugh.

<...>

> asshole
>>>
>>>Asshole is your biased perception. At least my girlfriend doesn't
>>>diagnose me every time we experience friction.

>>If you're having friction then you ought to consider a lubricant...

> LOL Interesting that Usual admits
> to having friction

The differences my girlfriend and I have had are nothing compared to the
ones Jimmy has with his:
I am 45 years old and have always had lots of difficulty
socializing with other people, particularly in intimate
relationships. My girlfriend, who is a practicing psychologist,
has been nearly at wits end with me until she recently realized
that I fit many of the symptoms of Aspergers Syndrome.
http://tinyurl.com/9vcr9

<...>

C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> <....>

>>>Maybe it'll improve your intellect and your character.

>> He might even giggle for the
>> first time in his life and be
>> happy.

> I'm already happy, and I already enjoy a good laugh.

You've shown time and time again that you laugh at and pick on other
people's shortcomings and difficulties. You wrote in another message that
Scented Nectar is "deeply troubled and morally confused". I would gladly
accept her as a friend over the likes of a morally devoid punk like you.

[also from another message]
> I've tried being civil with you. You act like a dick whether I'm nice to
> you or not, so why should I waste civility on you?

Your attempts at civility are hollow and false. You are an asshole at the
core and there's little you can do to hide it.

usual suspect

See James Strut wrote:
<...>
> [also from another message]
>
>>I've tried being civil with you. You act like a dick whether I'm nice to
>>you or not, so why should I waste civility on you?

> Your attempts at civility

have been genuine. That includes our brief discussion of baseball and my
attempts to get you to respond civilly to Mr Ball. I've extended plenty
of olive branches your way, and you always come back to this stupid
bullshit.

> You are an asshole

Takes one to know one, Jimmy. How does it feel to be the very thing you
think I am?
Laurie

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
> They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst among
> you all:

A demonstration of your highly-refined, and superior "manners"?

Laurie

usual suspect

Larry Fruity wrote:
>>ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
>>They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst among
>>you all:

> A demonstration of your highly-refined, and superior "manners"?

Yes, bitch.
Laurie

"usual suspect" > wrote in message

us>>>ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
us>>>They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
us>>> among you all:

l>> A demonstration of your highly-refined, and superior "manners"?

us> Yes, bitch.
Thanks for proving my point, again.

Laurie

usual suspect

Larry Fruity wrote:
> us>>>ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
> us>>>They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
> us>>> among you all:
>
> l>> A demonstration of your highly-refined, and superior "manners"?
>
> us> Yes, bitch.
>
> Thanks

You're welcome, scumbag.
Laurie

"usual suspect" > wrote in message

>> us>>>ALL "ethical vegetarians" are misanthropic assholes.
>> us>>>They have really bad manners, and so do you. Skanky's are the worst
>> us>>> among you all:
>>
>> l>> A demonstration of your highly-refined, and superior "manners"?
>>
>> us> Yes, bitch.
>>
>> Thanks

> You're welcome, scumbag.

Why do you constantly embarrass yourself by acting like an idiot?

Laurie