None Given

"Karen Sexton" > wrote in message
> About my BG level- I've had so many glucose tolerance tests (the 7
> hour one) and it always comes out ok. Just once they said it was low,
> but not low enough to be considered hypoglycemic.

You can be well on the way toward getting diabetes and they might still tell
you you're ok. You need to know the numbers and times of the results to
know for yourself. Having the symptoms you mentioned, I would want to take
action now to avoid a dx in the future, by tracking what different foods in
my diet were doing to my BGs and adjusting my meals to minimize BG spikes.
Every time your BG goes high it could be causing damage to your body, before
your fasting #s or A1c reaches the dx criteria, even before the OGTT reaches
it. I think you have to be 200 to be dx but I feel bad >140 and try to stay
below that at all times.
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

> I just think that since I've been dieting, I got my system used to not
> having sugar, and now it bothers me in some way.

If your diet has been serving to lower your average or PP BGs by reducing
the amount of fast carb you are eating, it is possible that your body was
accustomed to running with higher BGs than healthy and now you are getting
lower BGs and so you notice the difference when you eat the fast carb and go
too high.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes