Phred

G'day mate,

I didn't see your original article until this evening, so maybe you
now know all you need to know. However, in case not, you can find a
fair bit on GI under "Food" on this site especially aimed at
diabetics: <http://www.mendosa.com/diabetes.htm>

There's also stuff there on "sugars" (just use the search feature to
search that site). However, I don't know if even science-oriented
consumers understand these things! At least, that's the conclusion I
come to judging by the somewhat contradictory information you can turn
up on the web on the subject of sugars. 8-)

In article .com>,
"johnnylaw" > wrote:
>I love reading the site and now I am hoping for some assistance. I am
>not diabetic, but I need to learn about sugar intake.
>
>Specifically, I want to understand:
>
>1) the core issues of the diabetic, and
>
>2) how the body metabolizes different types of sugar (from agave
>nectar, brown rice syrup & barley malt all the way up to high fructose
>corn syrup).
>
>Can anyone help a non-science oriented consumer understand these
>things?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID