Katra

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> EchoSierra wrote:
> > Corn tortillas make the best enchiladas. Traditionally speaking,
> > lightly saute them in oil to soften, pat with paper towels to remove
> > excess oil, fill and roll up - open side down in a baking dish coated
> > with a bit of enchilada sauce. When your pan is full, top with more
> > enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
> >

> Yep, Ellen, that's how I do it too. Just a bit of oil goes a long way and
> it makes the tortillas very pliable.
>
> kili

Ok, I've never made Enchiladas.....

What do you use for "filling"?
Shredded chicken meat maybe, spiced with taco seasoning?

I know I could google for this, but I'd much rather see some original
ideas. ;-) I'd prefer chicken or turkey to beef.

Is it possible to use the M-wave or stovetop instead of the oven?
I store pots and pans in there, so rarely ever use the oven as I have to
clean it out. <lol>

Plus it heats up the house in the summer.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain