Derek

On 2 May 2005 12:07:01 -0700, wrote:
>usual suspect wrote:
>> Scented Nectar wrote:
>> <...>

>> > Maybe, maybe not. But the
>> > study was still of interest to
>> > those who are vegan for
>> > health reasons.

>> No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons.

>I am!

And so is or was 'usual suspect' when he claims to
be vegan, so he has no basis for doubting your health
reasons, or anyone else's health reasons.

"I am vegan primarily for health reasons; that there are
other benefits (reduced pollution, less harm to animals,
etc.) is also very appealing."
usual suspect 09 May 2002
http://tinyurl.com/97mnj

and

"The difference between us is you choose to use the cow
for protein. The cow gets its protein from grasses, grains,
legumes, etc., and is a mediating factor (or middleman) in
your diet. My diet is direct: I get my protein from the sources
the cow does. I am more efficient than you are because I
avoid the cow, which requires so much feed per net pound
of protein, and because my protein is much healthier (for me,
for my neighbors, for the planet) than yours."
usual suspect 15 May 2002 http://tinyurl.com/6xg67

'usual suspect' hasn't made up his mind whether he's a vegan
or not, as his quotes below prove, but while he makes up his
mind he really ought to give vegans the same respect he once
asked for, to be fair.

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

As we can see, his views are anything but consistent.