Scented Nectar

Default More Veggies Fighting Cancer Info

http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
From the University of Pittsburg.
Broccoli and chili peppers fight
cancer.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
> From the University of Pittsburg.

PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> Broccoli and chili peppers fight
> cancer.

You still can't read, can you.
Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
cells.

Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
healthier. Your tax dollars at work.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
> From the University of Pittsburg.

PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> Broccoli and chili peppers fight
> cancer.

You still can't read, can you.
Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
cells.

Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
healthier. Your tax dollars at work.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
> > From the University of Pittsburg.

> PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

That's between your school
and theirs. I'm not getting
involved in this fight. However
it is an acredited university,
so the study was most likely
done with the proper
scientific methods.

> > Broccoli and chili peppers fight
> > cancer.

> You still can't read, can you.
> Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
> spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
> benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
> cells.
>
> Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
> studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
> miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
> healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

MAY shows a correlation, and
that makes it of interest to me
and possibly other vegetarians
too.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
> > From the University of Pittsburg.

> PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

That's between your school
and theirs. I'm not getting
involved in this fight. However
it is an acredited university,
so the study was most likely
done with the proper
scientific methods.

> > Broccoli and chili peppers fight
> > cancer.

> You still can't read, can you.
> Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
> spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
> benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
> cells.
>
> Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
> studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
> miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
> healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

MAY shows a correlation, and
that makes it of interest to me
and possibly other vegetarians
too.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:

Howdy, skanky!

>>>http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
>>>From the University of Pittsburg.

>>PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> That's between your school
> and theirs. I'm not getting
> involved in this fight.

Then why did you start it?

> However
> it is an acredited university,
> so the study was most likely
> done with the proper
> scientific methods.

Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

>>>Broccoli and chili peppers fight
>>>cancer.

>>You still can't read, can you.
>>Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
>>spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
>>benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
>>cells.
>>
>>Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
>>studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
>>miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
>>healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

> MAY shows a correlation,

No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
reported. As usual.

> and
> that makes it of interest to me
> and possibly other

....similarly feeble-minded flakes.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:

Howdy, skanky!

>>>http://tinyurl.com/a7ev2
>>>From the University of Pittsburg.

>>PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> That's between your school
> and theirs. I'm not getting
> involved in this fight.

Then why did you start it?

> However
> it is an acredited university,
> so the study was most likely
> done with the proper
> scientific methods.

Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

>>>Broccoli and chili peppers fight
>>>cancer.

>>You still can't read, can you.
>>Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
>>spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
>>benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
>>cells.
>>
>>Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
>>studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
>>miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
>>healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

> MAY shows a correlation,

No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
reported. As usual.

> and
> that makes it of interest to me
> and possibly other

....similarly feeble-minded flakes.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> Howdy, skanky!

Howdy, Usual Cesspool!

> >>PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> > That's between your school
> > and theirs. I'm not getting
> > involved in this fight.

> Then why did you start it?

All I did was to refer to a
study done there.

> > However
> > it is an acredited university,
> > so the study was most likely
> > done with the proper
> > scientific methods.

> Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

Just showing that it can't be
written off as a quack study.

> >>You still can't read, can you.
> >>Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
> >>spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
> >>benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
> >>cells.
> >>
> >>Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
> >>studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
> >>miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
> >>healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

> > MAY shows a correlation,

> No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
> correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
> possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
> healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
> out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
> variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
> reported. As usual.

Maybe, maybe not. But the
study was still of interest to
those who are vegan for
health reasons. It should
actually, even be of interest
to the meat eater, since
they rarely (pun intended)
eat only meat, and might
like to know more about
the vegetables they eat.

> > and
> > that makes it of interest to me
> > and possibly other

> ...similarly feeble-minded flakes.

The only flakes are the
nutritional yeast ones that
some people use in their
food.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> Howdy, skanky!

Howdy, Usual Cesspool!

> >>PittsburgH. With an H, as in HOSER.

> > That's between your school
> > and theirs. I'm not getting
> > involved in this fight.

> Then why did you start it?

All I did was to refer to a
study done there.

> > However
> > it is an acredited university,
> > so the study was most likely
> > done with the proper
> > scientific methods.

> Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

Just showing that it can't be
written off as a quack study.

> >>You still can't read, can you.
> >>Two new studies suggest that vegetables such as broccoli and
> >>spices like red chili pepper, *MAY* provide a cancer-fighting
> >>benefit by slowing or preventing the growth of cancerous tumor
> >>cells.
> >>
> >>Neither study says the two foods you listed DO fight cancer. Neither do
> >>studies touting the benefits of phytochemicals in turmeric (curries),
> >>miso, etc. All they show is that people with healthier diets are
> >>healthier. Your tax dollars at work.

> > MAY shows a correlation,

> No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
> correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
> possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
> healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
> out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
> variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
> reported. As usual.

Maybe, maybe not. But the
study was still of interest to
those who are vegan for
health reasons. It should
actually, even be of interest
to the meat eater, since
they rarely (pun intended)
eat only meat, and might
like to know more about
the vegetables they eat.

> > and
> > that makes it of interest to me
> > and possibly other

> ...similarly feeble-minded flakes.

The only flakes are the
nutritional yeast ones that
some people use in their
food.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
>>>However
>>>it is an acredited university,
>>>so the study was most likely
>>>done with the proper
>>>scientific methods.

>>Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

> Just showing that it can't be
> written off as a quack study.

I didn't write it off as a quack study. I did, however, write off your
over-interpretation of the study's findings.

>>>MAY shows a correlation,

>>No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
>>correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
>>possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
>>healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
>>out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
>>variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
>>reported. As usual.

> Maybe, maybe not. But the
> study was still of interest to
> those who are vegan for
> health reasons.

No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons. Second,
it's of broader interest to all who want to eat a healthful diet.
Broccoli and chilis, after all, are consumed by omnivores.

> It should
> actually, even be of interest
> to the meat eater, since
> they rarely (pun intended)
> eat only meat, and might
> like to know more about
> the vegetables they eat.

Do you think they need a clueless urban vegan to tell them?

>>>and
>>>that makes it of interest to me
>>>and possibly other

>>...similarly feeble-minded flakes.

> The only flakes are the
> nutritional yeast ones that
> some people use in their
> food.

Flake (Slang): Oddball; kook; strange person.

usual suspect wrote:
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> <...>

> >> [..]

> > Maybe, maybe not. But the
> > study was still of interest to
> > those who are vegan for
> > health reasons.

> No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons.

I am!

> Second,
> it's of broader interest to all who want to eat a healthful diet.
> Broccoli and chilis, after all, are consumed by omnivores.

A very good point.

> >>...similarly feeble-minded flakes.

> > The only flakes are the
> > nutritional yeast ones that
> > some people use in their
> > food.

> Flake (Slang): Oddball; kook; strange person.

Flake: A large semi-detached rock feature which is very climbable but
can be loose.

rick

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> usual suspect wrote:
>> Scented Nectar wrote:
>> <...>

>> > Maybe, maybe not. But the
>> > study was still of interest to
>> > those who are vegan for
>> > health reasons.

>> No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons.

> I am!

==================
No, you not. Veganism is not a diet. It's a lifestyle in which
diet plays no more or nio less a part in your life.

>> Second,
>> it's of broader interest to all who want to eat a healthful
>> diet.
>> Broccoli and chilis, after all, are consumed by omnivores.
>>

> A very good point.

>> > The only flakes are the
>> > nutritional yeast ones that
>> > some people use in their
>> > food.

>> Flake (Slang): Oddball; kook; strange person.

> Flake: A large semi-detached rock feature which is very
> climbable but
> can be loose.

rick

ups.com...

==================
No, you not. Veganism is not a diet. It's a lifestyle in which
diet plays no more or nio less a part in your life.

>> Second,
>> it's of broader interest to all who want to eat a healthful
>> diet.
>> Broccoli and chilis, after all, are consumed by omnivores.
>>

> A very good point.

>> > The only flakes are the
>> > nutritional yeast ones that
>> > some people use in their
>> > food.

>> Flake (Slang): Oddball; kook; strange person.

> Flake: A large semi-detached rock feature which is very
> climbable but
> can be loose.

Derek

On 2 May 2005 12:07:01 -0700, wrote:
>usual suspect wrote:
>> Scented Nectar wrote:
>> <...>

>> > Maybe, maybe not. But the
>> > study was still of interest to
>> > those who are vegan for
>> > health reasons.

>> No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons.

>I am!

And so is or was 'usual suspect' when he claims to
be vegan, so he has no basis for doubting your health
reasons, or anyone else's health reasons.

"I am vegan primarily for health reasons; that there are
other benefits (reduced pollution, less harm to animals,
etc.) is also very appealing."
usual suspect 09 May 2002
http://tinyurl.com/97mnj

and

"The difference between us is you choose to use the cow
for protein. The cow gets its protein from grasses, grains,
legumes, etc., and is a mediating factor (or middleman) in
your diet. My diet is direct: I get my protein from the sources
the cow does. I am more efficient than you are because I
avoid the cow, which requires so much feed per net pound
of protein, and because my protein is much healthier (for me,
for my neighbors, for the planet) than yours."
usual suspect 15 May 2002 http://tinyurl.com/6xg67

'usual suspect' hasn't made up his mind whether he's a vegan
or not, as his quotes below prove, but while he makes up his
mind he really ought to give vegans the same respect he once
asked for, to be fair.

"I am vegan"
usual suspect 2002-05-09

"First, don't EVER call me "a vegan" or even just "vegan."
usual suspect 2003-06-10

"No thanks, I'm a vegan."
usual suspect 2003-08-14

"You'll find my views have been consistent."
usual suspect 2003-09-05

As we can see, his views are anything but consistent.