Pierre

Pierre wrote:
> Michael wrote:
> > Boog Powell has a rib joint in Baltimore. Some years back I got a

> recipe for
> > "Boog Powell's Memphis Rubdown", apparently the rub they use at

> his place. I
> > 've lost it and can't seem to find it on the 'net, where I got

> it
> > originally. I'm not too happy with any of the rub recipes I have

> now, if
> > anybody has Boog's, or some other tasty rub recipe, I'd

> appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks, Michael

> I've got Boog Powell's book, Mesquite Cookery, will check for this

rub
> when I get home.
> Pierre

Michael, in his book "Mesquite Cookery" 1986, he shows this:
"Memphis Style Dry bbq Seasoning". Might be the same as your "Memphis
Rubdown", might not be too.

1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T white pepper
1 T black pepper
1 T chili powder
1 T ground red pepper
1 T cumin
2 T paprika

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, and pour into salt shaker. Sprinkle on
chops or ribs during cooking for "dry" bbq flavor. When ribs are
ready, shake over meat to taste and serve. Use this method along with
bbq sauces for an extra spicy effect. Makes 1/2 cup.

Pierre