usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
>>>However
>>>it is an acredited university,
>>>so the study was most likely
>>>done with the proper
>>>scientific methods.

>>Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority.

> Just showing that it can't be
> written off as a quack study.

I didn't write it off as a quack study. I did, however, write off your
over-interpretation of the study's findings.

>>>MAY shows a correlation,

>>No, it does NOT. It's only suggestive of the possibility of a
>>correlation. It does not establish one. There are a variety of other
>>possibilities. For instance, people who eat lots of broccoli may eat
>>healthier over all than people who avoid broccoli. They also may work
>>out more often, not smoke, not drink, and so on. There are so many
>>variables. You're reading far more into those studies than was actually
>>reported. As usual.

> Maybe, maybe not. But the
> study was still of interest to
> those who are vegan for
> health reasons.

No, it isn't. First, people aren't vegan for health reasons. Second,
it's of broader interest to all who want to eat a healthful diet.
Broccoli and chilis, after all, are consumed by omnivores.

> It should
> actually, even be of interest
> to the meat eater, since
> they rarely (pun intended)
> eat only meat, and might
> like to know more about
> the vegetables they eat.

Do you think they need a clueless urban vegan to tell them?

>>>and
>>>that makes it of interest to me
>>>and possibly other

>>...similarly feeble-minded flakes.

> The only flakes are the
> nutritional yeast ones that
> some people use in their
> food.

Flake (Slang): Oddball; kook; strange person.