BOB

"phyteach" > wrote in message
ups.com
> Thanks for the info. Some of the ribs came out perfect, and others
> were still a bit tough. I have a 60 degree differential across the
> pit

You don't have to take them all off at the same time. Those tough
ones were most likely not thouroghly cooked.

> and I guess I didn't do enough shuffling. The pit is a char-broil
> silver smoker with the firebox opening and lower smokestack mods in
> place. It was kinda chilly (50 or so) outside which I am sure
> doesn't

Where do you live? 50 is only chilly in Florida, southern California
and parts of Texas. I guess you don't cook outdoors when it's any
lower than that. I did a break-in cook on a couple of my "pits" when
it was sub-freezing here.

> help matters. I am doing two full racks (trimmed to St. Louis by
> meself) today, and I wrapped the smoker in a couple of towels to
> help
> even out the temp. We shall see how it all plays out.

Good luck.

BOB