Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:12:36 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:
>
>> French coffee in France

> I've never heard of "French" coffee with nothing else to
> distinguish it... French Press, yes. What do they call French
> roast in France and how do they distinguish it from Vienna roast?

Why would that matter? Generally, coffee in France, unless made à
l'italienne, is undrinkeable.

My mother, one time at evening meal in a restaurant in Bordeaux,
asked for a cup of coffee, then thinking better of it, thought to
inquire whether the coffee was fresh. The maître d'hôtel was prompt
to assure here that it was indeed very fresh...it had been made that
morning.

The French learned how to make good coffee from the Italians. So did
the Spaniards.

--

[...] remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth

Monty Python's Universe Song