geo

Default Why are most wine kits made in Canada?

Our friendly neighborhood brewer's supplier has raised its prices,
supposedly because the weak dollar is making it more expensive to buy
wine kits from Canada. That got me wondering why the wine kit industry
seems to be almost entirely based in Canada. Wine is one of the larger
industries in California. You'd think that some of the vineyards in
Napa or the central valley would try marketing grapes in the form of
wine kits. (Sounds like a natural for Bronco - How do you follow two
buck chuck?)

Is there some regulation that makes it difficult for American vineyards
to produce wine kits?