Doug

Willie -
I think you're a brick shy of a load. Cellar Classic kits are
produced by RJ Spagnols, as indicated on their website. These are
upscale, 15L ("6-week") kits from RJ Spagnols. The Vintners Reserve
series are the lower-priced ("4-week") kits made by WinExpert, formerly
Brew King.

Craig -
If your supplier carries the Vintners Reserve kits, they already
have some sort of relationship (direct or indirect) with WinExpert. If
you are looking for a better kit, see if they can order one of the
better WinExpert kits (the Selection series, or even better, the
Selection Estate series). Where I live (Minnesota) you can buy most
of the VR kits for $45 to $50 US, while the Selection Original series
tend to run about $70 to $80 US, and the Selection Estate kits are $100
or more (but worth it!). So your Cellar Classic kit price is probably
in line with comparable WinExpert kits.

I have not made it, but I have heard a lot of very positive reports
about the Selection Estate Woodbridge Ranch 11 Cab. Sauv. kit. Also,
FWIW, bear in mind that even the inexpensive kits will improve quite a
bit with time. I opened a 2 1/2 year-old VR Chianti just yesterday,
and was amazed at how much it had improved from when it was 6 or 12
months old. I usually don't age the VR kits that long, but somehow I
overlooked that bottle.

Doug