Cam

Rob wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got a Brinkman Smoker and am having problems keeping the

charcoal
> hot. What is the secret to keeping the coals hot and do you mix your

wood
> with your coals?
>
> Thanks
> Rob

Does the charcoal sit on the bottom of the pan or did they give you a
fire grate? Once you've shot some holes in the pan you'll want to
elevate the coals an inch or two above the bottom. If you don't have a
fire grate buy a smal baking rack and bash it into shape. You need
better airflow. Most mods for the Brinkman are to make it into a cheapo
fake WSM. Check out the FAQ for some more ideas
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/7.html#7.2.1

Cam