Maverick

"Bubbabob" > wrote in message
. 3.30...
> Steve Knight > wrote:
>
>> some cumin and chili powder some onions and garlic are really good.
>>

> I can't imagine quesadillas made with 'chili powder' instead of chopped
> green chiles. It's something I've never seen done in 47 years of living in
> the Southwest. I've never run into any with cumin in them, either.

Uh, Bubbabob? You live in the Southwest...Where you can actually grow green
chiles. I was born and raised in Vegas and married a girl that was born and
raised in New Mexico so I know all about chiles. Now I live in Nebraska and
the green chiles our local stupidmarket sells has the same taste and heat
level of green bell peppers to us but my co-workers think they are too hot.
Wussies!

You be amazed at what people can/will use to make Southwest cuisine! We
make a run down to New Mexico every Labor Day weekend to visit the ILs just
so we can roast and peel a bunch of Hatch green chiles. We get half what we
roast and peel to carry us over through the next year.

Since the weather here has been rainy and is expected to be rainy through
the weekend, I'm think some Chile Verde this weekend is called for!

Bret