Nexis

"Andretta Kobik" > wrote in message
> We are going to Maui May 05, do you have any tips on places to see,
> visit, eat, or go to a luau ? Then we will be in San Diego a few days,
> any tips? Thanks in advance, Andretta

Andretta,

Been to Oahu, and going to the Big Island, but still haven't hit Maui
unfortunately!
On the other hand, I live in San Diego! May is still early enough in the
year that you can hit some of the places, such as the Wild Animal Park and
Sea World, without the crowds being too ridiculous. There's also the Star of
India to visit (some nights, they show movies on the sails like a drive-in,
which is kinda cool), and Sea Port Village. That is, if you're into those
things. For something a little more relaxing, try Balboa Park, which is one
of the most beautiful parks I've seen. There's some truly amazing
architecture, and the museums are top notch as well. If you go, there's a
mildly pricey restaurant called the Prado...the food is quite tasty and if
you choose outdoor seating, you're eating in the park and it's a really very
relaxing way to have dinner.
A little further north there's another wonderful park, Torrey Pines State
Reserve. Golfing in that area too. There you have the Scripp's Aquarium,
which isn't as big as some others here in CA. There's also the Children's
Pool if you want to see some seals.
Of course, there's the beaches! Imperial Beach, Mission Beach, Mission Bay,
Pacific Beach, Solana Beach, Carlsbad State Beach, etc.

What area will you be staying in? Alot of people stay in Hotel Circle, which
is right down the road from me, and has easy access to most anything in San
Diego, because all the freeways meet in the area.

There's an abundance of dining, so if you can give us an idea of your
preferences, it will be alot easier to recommend something to your tastes! I
will say though, for breakfast, you can't beat Kono's. It's in Pacific
Beach, right in front of the Crystal Pier. It's cheap, but very good, and
there's seating right over the water so the view is a delight, especially
early in the morning before the crowds come in.

Have a wonderful trip! If you need help finding anything here in San Diego,
drop me a line, I'll be glad to help!

kimberly