kilikini

Bob Myers wrote:
> "Andretta Kobik" > wrote in message
>> We are going to Maui May 05, do you have any tips on places to see,
>> visit, eat, or go to a luau ? Then we will be in San Diego a few
>> days, any tips? Thanks in advance, Andretta

> The best luau on Maui is easily the Old Lahaina Luau; we've
> been there twice and thouroughly enjoyed it both times.
> Their web site is:
>
> http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/index_main.html
>
> A few other suggestions re places to eat and things to do:
>
> - Whale watching is VERY big, at least from about December
> to March; never been there in May, but I suspect it's well after
> the peak season. Still, if there's anything to be seen at that time,
> I'd recommend getting on one of the cruises run by the Pacific
> Whale Foundation out of Lahaina harbor.

The whales leave Maui by March; there won't be any whale watching in May -
sorry. I lived on Maui for 10 years up until 6 months ago. Sigh - God I
want to go home! (Enough ranting about that.) I wouldn't suggest the book
Maui revealed. They tell you to go places that are actually on private
property and locals get severely angry.

My question to you is, what exactly do you *want* to do on Maui? Everything
is there from horseback rides to parasailing, hang gliding, hiking. For
food, try local kine grinds. Where will you be staying?

kili