Roy

IMO I still prefer the gas fired range( stove tops and oven).
BTW, I am not a fan of the convection oven whether home or
institutional
But I prefer electric oven for professional use as its loaded with
more accurate measuring devices i.e temperature control, heat setting
for (bottom, middle and top heat) ,efficient timer and easier to clean
and safer to use ....Besides there is a built in steam generator in
such institutional type of oven
If those stuff I mentioned is present in the home electric oven I
would prefer electrics also and I will have no problem with dual
operation as well for the same reason.

BTW, check to it that the range that you buy does not have a leaky
oven( allowing steam to be just vented out in leaks and holes) as that
is the common problem with home ovens.
Roy